Chapter 47: Infiltrating the Ministry

Over the next few days, I felt like I had taken on the spirt of Nat as I went full Black Widow spy and planned everything out to the tiniest detail

Over the next few days, I felt like I had taken on the spirt of Nat as I went full Black Widow spy and planned everything out to the tiniest detail. Cedric was used to me going into full mission mode but I knew that Harry, Ron and Hermione were a little surprised about how serious I had become. Nothing could wavier my attention away from the maps, ministry official profiles and notes that were laid out across the kitchen table.

I had marked the path that we would take to the ministry in red, while I marked the path that each of our targets would take to the ministry in varying colours for each person along with the time that they would arrive. As for the death eaters that I knew were positioned along the road to the ministry, I had marked their position with tiny ice pins.

After hours of drilling the three Gryffindors about what they were going to do and when they were going to act, I finally felt comfortable enough to execute our plan to infiltrate the Ministry. It was a simple enough plan, we stun five members of the Ministry, take their places and find Umbridge. Harry, Ron and Hermione were going to use Polyjuice potion while Cedric and me were going to use glamours.

So, early one September morning, we put our plan into action. Since Cedric and I were still wanted by Ross and his men, we had to use glamours of random people to make sure we weren't caught. Not that there was much chance of that hiding in some back ally as we waited for our targets to arrive.

There was a chill to the air that told us that summer was well and truly gone with every single breeze that blew through the ally. The others pulled their jackets a little close while we waited, where I couldn't help but revel in it.

Then right on time, Mafalda Hopkins from the Improper Use of Magic Office and her secretary, Lizbeth Napier walked in to view. Ron swiftly moved into position and bent down to tie his shoes as Hemione and Cedric stunned the pair and pulled them into the ally, out of the view. Mafalda was an older woman with graying hair and was dressed in a grey pencil skirt and pinstriped jacket and Lizbeth was a girl who looked like she was only a few years older than me with jet black hair, porcelain skin and a crimson red skater dress on.

It didn't take long for the next four to come along. First was Reg Cattermole, an older wizard with thinning reddish coloured hair who was part of the magical maintenance department, then Albert Runcorn who was in charge of investigating alleged muggle borns and finally Brayden Wentworth, an up-and-coming member of the Department of Magical Games and Sports who had been temporally assigned as part of the security team who over saw the trials of the muggle borns because of his tall and muscular build.

"Right. So, let's do this," Ron said as we looked down at the five unconscious forms laying in front of us. "Who gets who?"

"Well, unless one of you fancies wearing a skirt," Hermione said as she tried to stifle a laugh.

"Or a bright red dress, with heals and red lipstick," I added.

"You know what, Elsa, I don't think I could walk in those heels," Hermione said as she eyed the four-inch heels on Lizbeth.