Chapter 25: Telling it like it is

Odin led us back to the throne room in complete silence

Odin led us back to the throne room in complete silence. You could feel the anger radiating off the All Father and while everyone else seemed to be scared of him, I wasn't. I was over him and his lies. He had known about the so-called prophecy for years, even before I was born and yet he never told any of us.

As I glared daggers into the back of Odin's head, I realised that I finally knew how Harry felt. To have your destiny foretold and to have it hidden from you. The All Father may have been angry but it was nothing compared to what I was feeling.

When we got to the throne room, Odin walked up the stairs that led to his golden throne but he didn't sit, instead, he paced back and forth. All around me, the others were bent on one knee but I refused. I was sick and tired of walking on egg shells around the man and if Mimir was to be believed, he was the one who should be begging for my forgiveness.

"So, what do you have to say for yourselves?" Odin asked after a few minutes of pacing but no one answered. "Well, one of must have something to say."

"Sure, what the Hel, I may as well tell you what is going on," I drawled. I knew that I sounded just Loki when I spoke but I really couldn't care.

"Why am I not surprised," Odin chuckled darkly. "I knew that Loki would influence you with the amount of time you spent with him. You're just as insolent and just as foolish."

"Yeah, and I'm glad he influenced me," I told him in all honesty. "He's a survivor, he taught me how to control my magic, he was there for me in my darkest times and I wouldn't change anything about him."

"He is a liar and a murderer!" Odin bellowed at me. "He has done nothing but undermine my rule since he was old enough to talk."

"And who's fault is that!" I screamed back at him. "You took him from Jotunhiem saying that you would treat him as one of your own, instead you made him feel like he was second best to Thor his entire life. You treated him as some....some relic that you could use later as a barging chip with the Jotun's when all he wanted was your damn love! He was a little boy who wanted his father to tell him that he was proud of him and all you did was brush him aside."

"You think you know everything?" Odin asked. "That in you nineteen years living on Midgard, you have leant all that you need to know to judge me in such a way?"

"No, I don't claim to know everything," I told him as Cedric started to get up to stand next to me, but I pushed him back down. This was my fight and I didn't want him getting hurt because of my stubbornness. "And there is something new to learn every day. Like today, I've learnt that I'm done with my time on Asgard."

"You come into my home, defy my rules and you expect that I will just allow you to walk out of Asgard with no punishment!" Odin demanded.

"No, I don't," I said like it was nothing. "Strip me of my powers like you did with my grandfather, banish me to Midgard but I'll still have magic running through my veins and there is nothing you can do to change that."