Chapter 63: Hard Decisions

That night, Cedric and I talked over what we should do and before we knew it, the sun was starting to rise, and we had come to a decision

That night, Cedric and I talked over what we should do and before we knew it, the sun was starting to rise, and we had come to a decision. We didn't know how the others would take our decision, but we knew what we had to do. 

When we walked into the kitchen, Harry was telling everyone what he had leant about Dumbledore's wand, or the elder wand of legend and his plan to break into Gringotts with Griphook to get Helga Hufflepuff's cup which was in Bellatrix's vault. 

"I'm guessing you guys would know the cup when you see it," Harry said to Cedric and me. "I mean, you were both in Hufflepuff."

"Yeah, about that," I said as I started to pace the room. "We're not going to go to Gringotts with you. We're going back to Hogwarts."

Hearing my news, Draco stopped starting at the porridge in the bowl in front of him and looked at me with hope in his eyes. I knew that he wanted to help and now, he felt like he could.

"Wait, what do you mean you guys aren't coming with us?" Harry demanded.

"The students need protecting," Cedric told him.

"They are being tortured," I added. "Someone needs to stop what is happening to them!"

"Spoken like a true Rogers," Loki smiled. "Standing up for the little guy and stopping bullies. Your father would be proud." 

"Thanks, Loki," I said, feeling better about my decision. All I ever wanted to do was make dad proud of me and it felt good to hear someone say that I was actually doing it.

"But you can't leave us," Harry said desperately. "You can't leave me."

And with that, Harry jumped up and ran out of the house. Hermione got up to follow him, but Cedric put his hand on her shoulder to stop her. It was my decision to go back to Hogwarts, so it was my job to go after Harry and explain everything to him.

 It was my decision to go back to Hogwarts, so it was my job to go after Harry and explain everything to him