Chapter 31: Back to where it all started

Kimberly's POV

Kimberly's POV

It was like deja vu as I walked through the Norwegian fjords, except this time, I was the one doing the leading. Not my father. The strange part of it all was Elsa was even dressed in a similar way to I was back when I came here for the first time. She had on a pair of denim shorts, a white tank top and a plaid skirt was tied around her waist. Her curly blonde hair was tied up in a makeshift ponytail with a few strands sticking to her face from the heat of the midday sun.

"Come on, mum, we have too almost be there!" Elsa said for what had to be the hundredth time that day. "And why can't I use my powers to cool us down?"

"We're almost there, I promise," I laughed as she reminded me so much of myself from all those years ago. Before everything happened, before I met Steve and before my father was murdered. "And you can't use your powers because if Gullveig is out there somewhere, she will pick up on them."

"You have been saying that for hours!" Elsa complained.

I just laughed at her response. Most of the time, she was a carbon copy of Steve, from the way she spoke to the small movements that she made. But today, I saw myself in her more than ever. She was saying just what I had said to my father when he brought me here, word for word. I just hoped this trip wouldn't end like the last.

I was so lost in thought that I almost missed that we were almost at the clearing that I was leading Elsa to. Part of me was nervous about returning to the place that I had found out about the true heritage of my father, worried that something had happened to it after all these years. But as I made my way over the hill, I saw that I that nothing had changed at all.

 But as I made my way over the hill, I saw that I that nothing had changed at all

"Elsa, come on. It's just over this hill," I called out to her.

Knowing that we had finally reached the spot we had been walking to since early this morning, Elsa walked a little faster to get to the top of the hill. When she reached the top, she stopped and looked at the rune stones in awe. I couldn't help but think that the expression on her face was probably the mirror image of what mine looked like all those years ago.

"What is this place?" She asked softly as she walked over to the rune stones and ran her hand along them gently.

"This is our family's story, our history, our beginning," I told her.