Chapter 15: Airport battle

I walked side by side with dad on to the tarmac, feeling nervous as I looked for Tony

I walked side by side with dad on to the tarmac, feeling nervous as I looked for Tony. I knew he was here somewhere and I didn't like the fact that I couldn't see him. I felt exposed, like someone could attack us at any point of time. 

When we spotted the helicopter that Clint mentioned, dad and I started to walk a little faster but we didn't get far. Within seconds of seeing the helicopter, it was blown up as Tony and Rhodey flew in and landed in front of us.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony said casually as he looked over at Rhodey. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Defiantly weird," Rhodey said, agreeing with Tony. 

"Hear us out, Tony," dad said, getting straight to the point

"That so called 'doctor', the psychiatrist, he's behind everything," I said but I knew that my pleas were falling on deaf ears, Tony would never believe a word dad or I said about Bucky.

Before Tony could come back with some sort of snide comment, two figures landed on the tarmac. I looked over to see that the two figures were dressed in black catsuits and I knew straight away that they were Zane and T'Challa.

"Captain, Lady Elsa," T'Challa said with a bow of his head.

"Your highness," dad said formally.

"Hey, Zane," I said awkwardly with a small wave which he returned.

"Anyway," Tony continued as he began to walk around Rhodey. "Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

" You're after the wrong guy," dad said, trying to get through to Tony.

"Your judgment is askew," Tony yelled at him. "Your war buddy killed innocent people yesterday!"

"And your being blind!" I yelled. "You just want to prove to Ross that you can fix problems quickly so you can keep on being everyone's favorite superhero and you're willing to toss all of us under the bus to do it."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. We can't let the doctor find them first, Tony," dad added, sounding a lot calmer that I was.