Chapter 35: The Funeral of a Legend

We had to practically pull Harry away from Dumbledore's body but I eventually coxed him away by saying that they needed to take Dumbledore to a place that he would be able to rest and be safe

We had to practically pull Harry away from Dumbledore's body but I eventually coxed him away by saying that they needed to take Dumbledore to a place that he would be able to rest and be safe. When he finally stood up and stumbled in to my arms, I led him up to the hospital wing just to make sure that he was okay.

I expected to see a few injured people in the hospital wing but was I didn't expect to see was a semi-conscious Hamish covered in sweat and blood, laying in one of the beds as he whimpered in pain and Amanda by his side and Henry and Able at the foot of his bed.

"Odin's beard! What happened!" I cried out as Hermione took Harry from me and I ran to Hamish's side.

"We found out about the attack through the ministry and we came to help," Amanda began to say as tears filled her eyes.

"We were fighting a group of death eaters that we followed into the forest," Able said, picking up where Amanda left off. "We had just about got all of them when one of them blew up one of the massive trees and since Hamish was the closest, he got the worst of the fallout from it."

"Is he going to be okay?" Cedric asked.

"Madam Pomfrey said we will just have to wait and see," Henry said. "One of the branches almost impaled him and he lost a lot of blood by the time we managed to get him here."

"He...he has to be okay," Amanda cried. "I don't know what I would do without him."

Looking at Amanda, I knew what I had to do. Ignoring the feeling of pure exhaustion, I reached out with a shaky hand and placed it over the heavily blood-stained part of his shirt. I was still weak from Gullveig's attack and healing Bill earlier in the night but I knew I had to try. Hamish was there for me when I was at one of the lowest moments of my life and I wasn't about to let anything happen to him.

I focused all my strength into my magic and healing Hamish. Slowly my hands started to glow ice blue as my magic started to slowly heal Hamish. I don't know if I was getting stronger in my Asgardian magic or the sheer determination of wanting to save one of my closest friends but all the serious wounds that littered Hamish's body began to heal, leaving him with only a few minor cut and bruises.

"What happened? Where am I?" Hamish said all of a sudden as he sat up in bed.

"Oh, Hamish! Thank Merlin you're okay!" Amanda cried as she wrapped her arms around her next.

"What happened, mate, was Elsa just saved your life with her god powers," Henry told him.

"Did you really, Elsa?" Hamish asked me.

"I don't think I would call it saving your life," I said, suddenly feeling embarrassed from all the attention. "It was more like helping your healing along."

"Well, whatever you did, I will be forever grateful," he told me.

"Please, it's what friends do," I told him. "Besides, you were there for me when I felt like my whole world was falling apart so I think this makes us even."