Chapter 19: Catch Ups and Curses

A few months later the wonders of Wakanda and its safe boarders started to feel more confining than comforting, even though Nat had come to join us

A few months later the wonders of Wakanda and its safe boarders started to feel more confining than comforting, even though Nat had come to join us. As soon as Ross found out that she had helped us escape from the airport in Berlin, he started hunting her just like he was hunting us. So, after dealing with the still operational red room and bringing it down once and for all, she joined us in the jungle paradise with a brand-new blonde bob.

It was nice having her back, she had been part of my life for so long and I didn't realise how much I had missed her until I saw her again. We had a bit of fun when she came back convincing the others that they needed a new look while we were on the run because it would be easier to fly under the radar. So, we convinced Wanda to dye her hair red as did mum and Cassy dyed hers blonde. Dad decided to grow his hair out a bit and to grow a beard. But Sam, well, he wasn't having any part of it, saying any sort of disguise would only make him stand out more. To prove his point, he showed us a photo from when he was teen and lost a bet which needed up dying his hair blonde. After seeing the photo, we all saw that he had a point. He would have stood out a mile away and on top of that, it really didn't suit him.

Luckily Cedric and me didn't have to worry about disguises because of our glamour magic. When I pointed out to Cassy, she could have done the same thing using Polyjuice potion, she wasn't happy to say the least. But she got over it quickly, saying she always wanted to see if it was true that blonde had more fun.

But all that was months ago and we had all started to go stir crazy. Cedric and I had managed to catalogue every magical creature that lived in Wakanda and had even managed to rescue an orphaned baby erumpent which was now living with the rest of the creatures in my trunk. Newt was ecstatic with my every expanding menagerie and couldn't wait to see it in person.

We were all itching to go somewhere and do something other do nothing all day and on top of that, we all felt bad for imposing on T'Challa and his family. They insisted that it wasn't a problem and that they loved having us there but we still felt bad about it. So, when I got a message from Harry telling me what dates of his quidditch matches were, I jumped at the chance to go back to Hogwarts.

When we had decided on the date that we would head to Hogwarts, I sent a letter to both Hamish and Amanda, who had moved in together after graduating, and to Henry and Able, asking them if they wanted to catch up in Hogsmeade. Unfortunately, Henry and Able were on holidays and were in Japan so they couldn't make it but Hamish and Amanda were more than happy to see us again.

As soon as we got to Hogsmeade, a feeling of being home washed over me. What was even better was the fact we could walk down the main street without having to be worried about being arrested. Instead, people were stopping us to thank us for standing up for what we believed in and keeping the wizarding world safe from muggles.

The second that we walked into the Three Broomsticks, Amanda jumped out of her chair and started waving at us. When we got closer, she wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug and squealed with excitement.