Chapter 13: Picking sides and choosing teams

Third POV

Third POV

Peter Parker was walking up to his apartment after school finished, holding a DVD player under his arm that he found in the trash. It was well worn and probably covered in dirt all throughout it but Peter would take whatever he could get. A new one would have been better but it wasn't like he was actually going to use it to watch movies on. He was going to strip it for parts so he could update his Spider-Man suit and hopefully make it look less like a homemade cosplay.

Struggling with his keys to that he didn't drop the DVD player that he was holding, Peter opened his front door and walked in to the home that he shared with his Aunt May. After dropping his bag on to the floor, Peter headed into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"Hey, Aunt May," he called out as he made his way through the small apartment.

"Hey," she called back out from the living room. "How was school today?"

"It was okay," he shrugged as he walked out to the living room, trying not to think about the latest string of jokes that Flash had created to make his life tourture. "There was this crazy car parked outside."

When Peter walked into the living room, he froze, not believing what was in front of his eyes. Sitting next to his Aunt May on the sofa was the one and only Tony Stark, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist and most importantly, Iron Man.

"Oh, Mr. Parker," Tony said casually as he draped his arm over the back of the sofa.

"Um. What...What are you doing...?" Peter stuttered, not knowing how to address his idol. "Hey, I'm...I'm Peter."

"Tony," the billionaire said to him, making Peter laugh in his mind. Like he was actually going to call his idol by his first name.

"What are...What are you doing here?" Peter asked, generally confused about why Iron Man was in his apartment.

"It's about time we met," Tony shrugged. "You've been getting my emails, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," Peter said, trying to play along but failing miserably. "Regarding the..."

"You didn't even tell me about the grant," Aunt May said excitedly.

"About the grant," Peter stuttered, completely confused about what was going on.

"The September Foundation," Tony prompted, trying to help him out.

"Right," Peter replied awkwardly.

"Yeah. Remember when you applied," Tony continued.

"Yeah."

"I approved," Tony told him, making Aunt May smiled at her nephew. "So now we're in business."

"But you didn't tell me anything," Aunt May said, becoming slightly more serious. "What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?"

"I just know how much you love surprises so, I thought I would let you know...," Peter told her, trying to come up with a convincing cover story. "Anyway, what did I apply for?"