AUTHOR'S NOTE

This is my upcoming story that will be dropping very soon. Until then, let's keep anticipating 🤩🤩🤩

A SHORT INTERVIEW ABOUT ME

What's your name ?

My name is Alli Kehinde Kafilat

Is Ewatomi Abiodun your stage name ?If yes, Why do you choose it apart from your real name?

Yes, I have a lot of stage names. For my writing, I am known as Ewatomi Abiodun. I choosed Ewatomi Abiodun because that's the name my twin sister and I love to bear from our mom's name. Ewatomi which means Beauty and my mom's maiden name Abiodun. My twin sister bears Olatomi which means Wealth.

How old are you?

Smile, I am in my mid twenties.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

When my twin sister urged me to post Episode 1 of my first story on a Facebook group and I was so wowed at how  many people read it and the way they all relate to it . Right there, I knew I had to be a writer to impact people's lives.

How long does it take you to write a book?

It depends on what the story entails and my busy schedule.  Some takes me Six months while some takes me a year and more depending on the story .

When do you write your first book and how old are you?

I wrote my first book in early year of 2017/2018 and I am in my early twenties.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your book?

My books are based on  true life story I heard when I was little or something I noticed was kind of happening in the world that people needs to learn from . Smile, I don't know if I answered that question very well though.

What does your family think of your writing?

My family have been very supportive . I even get to narrate the book I am about to write to them to see their reviews . My twin sister has always been my hype man and my mom would sometimes stay awake to accompany me  when I am busy composing an episode of my story. Even my immediate sister  and our last born knows when to give me my quite time anytime I am composing.

How do you get inspiration to write your books?

Firstly, I pray . Before I lay my hands on any book I want to start writing, I dedicated everything to Almighty Allah who give wisdom, knowledge and understanding.  I mostly get my inspiration when I am sleeping, listening to music, eating, alone or in the toilet 🤩🤩.

Do you have Writer's block? And what do you do to get over it ?

Of course! Every writer in one way or the other has encounter what we known as writer's block and I am not excempt from it . What I do to get over it is to leave the the book I am writing because it gets so bad that I break down when I lost inspiration on what next to write .  I listen to music, take a walk or watch a movie and before I know it , I start yearning to write back .

How many books have you written ? Which one is your favorite?

So far I have written 18 books . I don't have favorite  because each one of them have their uniqueness I love about them .

What do you do when you are not writing?

Work! I am stilling working. Then sleeping, watching C-dramas with my twin sister and so on .

What was one of the most surprising things you have learned in creating your books?

Editing and cover for each books .

What advise would you give a writer or an upcoming writer to become a better writer ?

Firstly, I would say never give your work to someone you don't know to edit it for you. Pray first before starting any book. Before publishing your book, try and give it to someone more  experience  in that area that you trust to go over it to see their review on it . Lastly, you are the writer of your book so don't let anyone tells you otherwise that  this is how the story in your book  should goes .

Do you hear from your reader much? What kind of thing do they say ?

Yes I call my readers my second family . They say beautiful things about my books . I won't be able to stop if I start to say the beautiful things they say about each books .

Have you faced criticism on any of your books?

Yes, but so far the positivity is much more than the negatively.

How do you deal with plaigarism?

Something we call karma always has its way with them and I made sure to tell my readers to report anyone they see  claiming my story as their.

Have you earn money for publishing your story on social media platforms?

No, All my books so far are free for my readers to read even though there are some times I feel like earning from it because of the work, sleepless nights and effort I put in it but I think I have earned somethings that are  greater than money because I get to meet or know a lot of beautiful people from my story who has one way or the other impact my life .

Do you wish to make writing as a Job?

Yes, my wish is to make all my books into movie because not everyone are privilege to read story . Some don't even like reading novels while some don't have the time at all but making it into a movie will allow those people to be able to watch and learn from it and I think that's a job itself.

Do you sell your some of your books to movie producer, actors and actresses before? If no, will you perhaps one day ?

No, I have been given a lot of offers like that which I declined because at the end of the day, No credit are given to the writer who write the story and little amount was always paid to them. Yes, I might sell some of my books to movie producer if I find them trustworthy and I am there to choose the characters. One thing is to have a good story and the second thing is to have good characters that can perform the roles well. I wrote this story by playing each character in my head so trust me when I say only the writer of the story knows the best character to act the roles.

Do you have any story that you have not shown to the world?

Yes, I have a story I have written for almost 8 years that I haven't shown to the world because we wanted to make it as a movie and lack of financial assistance is what is delaying the story for coming to life. My twin sister and I are  actress and we wanted to be the lead role to bring the story into life and I am sure it will win a lot of awards by the special Grace of God.

Thank you so much for answering this our few questions. Until next time. Do you want a part 2?  if you have any questions to ask the writer , kindly Drop it in the comment section .