EPISODE 15

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 15

TETI'S POV

FLASHBACK CONTINUES

Waiting till Monday was the most excruciating moment of my life. I felt like I was being kept in a suspense. I wasn't myself throughout the weekend as I keep counting days. I wish the days could just fly by.  Why did she submit that resignation letter on a f*cking Friday? I say getting annoyed for no reason. What's she doing to me? I felt so restless that I couldn't sleep very well at night as I keep seeing her face anytime I close my eyes .  Should I call her to know if she's still coming on Monday? Or should I send her a text message? God! what's happening to me?

I couldn't take it anymore when it was on Sunday evening so  I had to call my mom because I was going insane. I need to know what's wrong with me.

" Hello Mom," I say immediately the call was connected.

" Hi Son," She says sadly.

" What is wrong Mom?" I ask feeling concerned.

" It's Rotimi o," She says and burst into tears getting me worried.

I quickly sit up on my bed ." Is he okay? ".

"Do you remember your dad and I hired a bodyguard to secretly follow him around? " She says in between tears.

" Yes," I quickly answer.

" He just called me this afternoon that your brother is not feeling so well. I don't know how Rotimi got to know we hired a bodyguard to secretly follow him because he had switched off his phone making it hard for the bodyguard to locate where he's. Teti, I am scared. You know your brother's condition and I wish he could let me take him to meet his doctor. The bodyguard let me know he is trembling vigorously while driving " She said crying.

" Mom! stop please crying".

" I..just hope he's okay Teti," She says in between tears.

" Wait! let me ask you something first. Is it true a girl called Eri is working in the company? ".

" Yes, She's my assistant " I quickly say trying to know where she's driving at.

"  I heard Rotimi has been giving that girl some special attention. Do you have her number?".

" Yes, mom ".

" Send me her number . Let me call her so I can know if he's with her ".

" I doubt that but let me call her here," I say suggestively.

" No..no, just give me her number. I don't want whereby your brother will start fighting you again. Remember the last time you traced him to one of his clubs, Let me just call him ".

" Okay, Mom. I will forward the number to you " I say and hangs up.

I quickly text my mum Eri's phone number. I just hope my brother is okay wherever he is. When is Rotimi going to stop this resentment towards mum and dad? Look at how he is making mom worried. I just hope he doesn't collapse again while driving. Rotimi! Where are you? Why do you like doing this every time?  

I got down from the bed and keep pacing back and forth in my room waiting for my mom to call back.

After an hour, I was tired of waiting and was about to call my mum to ask if my brother is with Eri when her call came in.

I quickly pick up the call. " Hello Mom, Is he with her ?".

" Teti, I don't know. I was talking to her when the call suddenly disconnected " She says and burst into another fresh tear.