EPISODE 18

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 18

ERI'S POV

Right in front of me is no one else but my ex Dare. The man I wasted four years of my life with. I could see the shock on his face too while Teti and the man were staring at us looking confused. I wouldn't lie that seeing him kind of made me relive the past but this time, it was like being grateful I didn't end up with someone like him. I wonder what I see in him then because he looks so ugly to me now.       It was silent for a while as we were all lost in our thoughts until the man broke the silence.

"Do.. you guys know each other?" The man asks looking at the both of us.

" No!" I quickly answer before he could because I am damn sure the idiot will say yes and I wasn't gonna give him the benefit that I was shocked to see him again. " He looks so much like my dead brother that's why," I say with a false smile .

" Oh, I see " The man let out a laugh while Teti gently places the iPad on the table in front of me.

" Meet my marketing director, Dare " The man introduces him.

" Good morning sir," He says and bows his head a little to greet Teti. 

" Good morning " Teti replies.

He turns his head to look at me. " Nice to meet you Ms," He says and extends his for a handshake and I couldn't help but catch the sight of a ring on his engagement finger. 

Wow! The bastard is even married.

" Nice to meet you too, Mr. Dare right?" I quickly composed myself and take his hand as we shake with a false smile plastered on my face.

He was a little taken aback. I guess he didn't expect me to compose myself that quickly not after seeing his ring. We released each other's hands as we both take our seats. For the next twenty minutes, Dare and the man were busy telling Teti how great their products are while I keep taking notes where necessary. It was very hard trying to convince my Mr perfect as he kept bringing out some mistakes they never noticed in their products for years.

Dare couldn't stop stealing glances at me so I kept my shoulder and head high acting like he wasn't here as I act nothing but professional. I am so grateful to Mr. Teti for this outfit because it made me feel highly powerful and in control.

" So that's all to know about our lingerie brand company" Dare finished smiling at us

Teti cleared his throat. " I am impressed".

" Thank you so much, Mr. Teti, I am glad you are impressed with our products and I promise we are going to correct all you point out. I can feel how our companies will make a profit once we are merged. Kindly consider our proposal " Mr. Fransisco said with a smile.

I thanked heaven when the waitress finally showed up because I was starving so badly.

" Good morning. May I take your order ?" She beamed politely.

Mr. Fransisco and Dare ordered first then Teti and me.  The waiter left after taking our order and while we wait for our order Mr. Fransisco and Teti resumed their business talk and I felt the need to use the restroom so I quietly excused myself and head to the bathroom.

I walked elegantly to the women's restroom and entered. I eased myself and watched my hands then grabbed a paper toilet and dabbed my hands gently.  When I looked at my reflection, I love what I am seeing as I smirked back at it. No wonder the bastard can't take his eyes off me. I straightened my outfit and gave myself one last look and then exist  the loo and I almost jumped back when I saw Dare leaning against the wall waiting outside of the restroom for me.

I ignore him and tried to walk past him when he held me by my hand and pull me back. " Eri, We need to talk ".

" We have nothing to talk about, Mr. Dare," I say professionally and yanked his hand off me anger blazing in my eyes.

What an audacity!

He let out a laugh. " Are we really going to act like we don't each other? Eri, I love you . I have never stopped loving you. Eri, you are mine. Your body craves for me. I know you are angry that's why you are behaving like this. We can talk about this. Forget that I am married. I was forced to marry her by my family which....... "

I shushed him up by raising my hand. " Please hold it there. Say that to your wife, not me. I thought you said we ain't compatible so why the epistle. Like I said Dare, we don't know each other and I will appreciate  if we keep it that way " I said angrily and try to walk out on him when he held my arm.

" Let her go "  We heard that cold voice behind me and without a soothsayer, I could easily recognize that voice.

ROTIMI'S POV

Here I am in my room wondering why Eri hasn't called me. This is  noon which means  it should be 11 am in South Africa by now.  Why hasn't she called me? I am sure Teti would have gotten her a new phone I told him to get for her so why is it taking her so damn long to call. I hope she's okay? I was so scared when he told me she was drunk and acting somehow. What could have prompted her to drink alcohol when she knows she has zero-tolerance for it? I just hope she doesn't act funny because I know how she can be when drunk. I know Teti can be a b*stard sometimes but he isn't that callous not to take care of her.

She should be sober by now unless she's seriously sick from it. I had to call her mom this morning to tell her they already landed in South Africa to keep her mind at rest and she was so happy to hear from me. She showered me with a lot of prayers which takes forever and I had to end the call with the excuse that I am pressed.

Should I call Teti and ask her?

No! I shake my head. Or should I take a flight down to South Africa?

Goddammit Eri, why are you not calling me? You are making me get worried here.

I was so lost in my trans of thought that I didn't hear a knock on my door. Not until the second time I was jolted out of my thoughts by the gentle knock on it. Who could it be? I don't think I am expecting anyone this morning.

Who is it? I said as I stand on my feet and head towards the door. I got to the door and gently open it only to see my parents standing in front of me.

"Mom! Dad! What are you guys doing here?" I said taken by surprise.

" What do you mean? So we can't come and see our son in his own house if we miss him?" My dad asks arching his brows while my mom was smiling down at me.

" N..not at all. Come in please " I say and open the widely for them as they step inside.

They took their seat on the three-seater cushion while I help them get a drink from the fridge with two glass cup and place it on the table in front of them before taking a seat opposite them.

" So what do you guys need this time around?" I ask as I fold my arms akimbo looking at them because I am damn sure the husband and wife came to see me for a reason.

My Dad gently nudges my mom by her shoulder. My Mom clears her throat and said " We are just coming from your girlfriend's parents' house . We know how much you love her so we decided to propose marriage to her parents and you won't believe they are so happy to be our in-law ".

" Wait! Hold on a sec. I don't get you.  Which girlfriend are you talking about ?" I asked with a confused expression.

" ERIIFEOLUWASIMI of course " They both chorused smiling sheepishly.

TBC..............................................

Kindly Drop Your Thought On This Episode Or Type Am Following.

Hi fam , I have been battling with  writer's block since on Sunday and it has has been very hard for me to compose .I had to composed this for y'all till I get back my inspiration .