EPISODE 9

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 9

ERI'S POV

I walked towards the door and turn the doorknob. " Maami, have I not tell ..." I swallow the rest of my words immediately I came face to face with my boss.

What's he doing here?

How did he get my home address?

Oh! why did I keep forgetting it was in my CV but what's the purpose of this August visit. Se oran na fi sise ni ( Is it a crime to work ).  Is he here to mock me or what? Is this not what he wanted all this while? for me to resign so why the late visit. If he thinks he can talk to me anyhow, I will show him the real color of me. He better try and behaves himself because he is not my boss anymore.

We keep looking at each other trying to see who is going to break the silence. I won't lie that his look is kind of intimidating but I am not ready to show him that so I keep staring into his eyes and soul. Thank God, I am putting on my favorite pajamas. I step out of my room and close the door because the fear of mosquitoes is the fear of malaria.

Let's compete if that's what he wants.  I am not in his father's company that he can control or act like a semi-God to me.

This is my house, my rules.

Is been up to twenty minutes yet this arrogant guy still stood at my door staring at me. How he does not blink his eyes still amazes me because I have blinked like thirty times and I am getting tired with this staring of a thing competition.

Does he suddenly become deaf all of a sudden? Abi is he not the one that knocks on my door.

"Eri, slam the door on his face," My inner mind says.

" Maybe you should try and talk to him  and see what he has to say. If he still decide  not to talk. Slam the door on the bast*rd face " My second inner voice says.

I think I will go with the second one.

I clear my throat. " Teti...Sir " I quickly correct myself immediately he blinks his eyes at me and I wonder why I still fear him when am no longer his employee. God! if only this guy knows how much fear of him he has put in my mind.

I feign a smile. " To what do I owe the pleasure, sir ?" I say cussing him out in my mind.

" Why do you leave this with the documents?" He asks raising my resignation letter for me to see.

" Sir? "

" ERIIFEOLUWASIMI, Why you do leave me a resignation letter?"

God! Did he just call my full name? So sweet. Why do I keep falling for this guy instead of hating him? The first time he is calling me with my name apart from the regular “HEY” he normally used to address me.

"Eri" He drawled my name signaling he is waiting for my response.

So he can talk gently like this? But wait, is that why he comes to my house? To beg me?

Wonder shall never end

" Sir, I resigned, " I said quickly.

" Because of ?"

Now I am starting to get annoyed. I resigned so what else? Does he come to my house to ask me foolish questions?

I look at him trying to suppress my anger especially when he raised his eyebrows at me waiting for me to answer.

" I resigned because I can't stay where I am being disrespected for what I don't know ".

" I. I am sorry "