EPISODE 17

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 17

ERI'S POV

The slight ticking sounds of birds chirping resounded in my ears as I began to gain consciousness, my head felt light and my eyes lids felt too heavy to lift. I felt heaviness in my bladder so I had no choice but to force my eyes open.

My eyes fluttered open slowly as I try to adjust to the bright light that meet my eyes. I lay on my back staring up at the beautiful chandelier above me. After a few moments, I lifted my arms above my head and stretched my body. I needed to use the toilet so I tried sitting up and my head starts to hurt, it was an awful feeling, a very painful one. I felt like my head was being trampled upon. I managed to get myself to a sitting position and I was finally able to see as I was taken aback for a second.

What am I doing here?

We are supposed to be on the plane?

Where is Teti?

I looked beside me and screamed as I fly down the bed. Yes! you heard me right. I didn't jump but fly because I was scared to dead to see someone sleeping beside me and the person's head was covered with the duvet so I can't say if it is a human being or ghost. I look down at myself and realized I am just in a  white robe. I expected the person to stir instead it just stood still like a wood.

God! I have slept with a ghost.

" Ye! Egba mi o (Help me !) Oku re (This is a ghost)" I say as I run towards the door banging it at the same time looking back to see if the ghost has not stood up to chase me.

The ghost stirred and I almost peed on my body as I turn my back to the door and slide down on it. " Please don't kill me, I am the only child my parents had, " I say crying as I clamped my hands together begging.

" Can you please keep your voice down ?" I heard the familiar groggy voice as the ghost gently removed the duvet from his head revealing its face.

My eyes widened in shock upon seeing who it was. Teti! What's he doing here? Why are we sleeping together?

He sits up on the bed as he runs his fingers through his afro haircut. His eyes were swollen as if he didn't get any sleep. How can someone be this handsome early in the morning? I am sure I look nothing like a human being even without looking at the mirror.

Realization hit me as I scanned him. He is not wearing anything as his six-packs came into display and I couldn't see his waist to down, to know if he is putting on a short or something because it was covered with the duvet. I tear my eyes away from him and look down at myself.  Who removed my clothes? Why am I in a robe? Wait! Did we sleep together? Like, have sex?

I quickly get on my feet and point a finger at him. " You used me . You slept with me without my consent. Do you think I am that cheap ?".

He looked at me as if I am speaking Spanish and rolled his eyes at me. He scoffs and gets down from bed ignoring my accusation and it was then , I realized he was wearing a short but that doesn't mean nothing happened because I am also putting on a robe.

" Why do you ladies always think that, anytime you wake up beside a guy? I should be the one pressing charges for sexual harassment " He says and heads towards a door which I later got to know it's the bathroom when he opened it.

He stepped inside the bathroom while my eyes were still on me. He turns back to face me. " Please do not drink alcohol again because it doesn't suit you," He says and shakes his head before closing the bathroom door.