EPISODE 14

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 14

TETI'S POV

FLASHBACK

The first day I set my eyes on Eri, My heart skipped a beat and I took an instant dislike for her because I have never felt that kind of feeling in my entire life where your heart just starts beating rapidly upon setting your eyes on someone. I couldn't talk for a minute as I try to control my racing heart. My dislike turned into hatred when I realized Rotimi knew her which means she must have come prepared with juju (Charm) to seduce me and my brother so she can get the job.

This is not the first time Rotimi's flings will come in disguise of getting a job so they can be closer to him. Once they found out the person they had a one night stand with is rich, they start plotting a way to get to be his girlfriend and since they never had my brother contact or know where to find him,  they had no other choice but to come to the company to try their luck. I once did the mistake of employing one and what happened in the end?  she ends up sleeping with my brother in his office while a meeting was going on with all the shareholders.  I can never forget that scene because he was on video call since he said he can't come to the board room only for me and the shareholders to hear moaning sounds coming out from the system. You could imagine how humiliating it's for me to see my brother f*cking his assistant on his desk while I am with them (Shareholders). Trust me, I fired her that day and it takes everything in Dad's power to bring down that video if not they would have used it against him.

I had to humiliate Eri the day she came for an interview so she can know her charms weren't working on me if it's working on my brother and I was surprised when Rotimi stood up for her after she left angrily. My brother has never stood up for any of his flings who came in disguise of getting a job before no matter how I humiliate or talk down on them but Eri will be the first and that makes me come to the conclusion that she's using juju. I had to employ her giving Rotimi a condition that she will be my assistant and he didn't hesitate to say  Yes which came as a surprise to me but I was satisfied atleast I am sure she won't be able to use her charms on my brother anymore.  

I try everything in my power to make Eri resign willingly by making the office unbearable for her since I couldn't fire her because of my brother. I don't know why I always feel guilty anytime I treat her badly. I could remember the day her skirt got torn, I felt so bad for her and it took all the strength in me not to apologize that day. I could not get up on my chair for good three minutes because I freaking got a hard-on by just looking at her naked ass which was an insight for me. I won't lie that she got a nice ass but I had to treat her like that so her charms won't work on me because anytime I see her, my heart never stops beating. 

How is it possible to hate someone but never want them to be away from you even if it's just a minute? Ever since the day I have set my eyes on her, she has always been on my mind. I hate to admit that I am always looking forward to every morning so I can see her .

When Vana came to my office and slapped her. I felt like I was the one being slapped . I was so mad at her that I felt like slapping her back for her. I had to control myself in front of her and I was about to lose my mind when Rotimi came in saving me from doing what I would have probably regret assuming he was one minute late.

***********************************

I nearly got a heart attack when  I saw the resignation letter she dropped on the documents she submitted on my desk that evening and I regret not checking the documents before she went home . How didn't I notice? I was sweating so much despite the air conditioner.  She is just an employee.

"Teti, is this not what you want? Why are feeling uneasy?" I ask myself as  I loosened the tie from my neck. You should be happy she resigned.

  I keep pacing back and forth my office not knowing what to do .

Is she okay? Why did she resign? Was it because of Vana? Was it because of me? Am I too hard on her?

I have a lot of questions I needed answers to and the only way to get it is to go down to her place. I quickly searched my drawers for her CV and I was glad when I saw it in the last drawer.

I couldn't take it anymore so I had to drive down to her place after checking the address in her CV. I had it in my mind to apologize to her for treating her badly but immediately she came out of her apartment wearing those pajamas, I was lost of words and it was as if my tongue were tied down. I was completely mesmerized by her that I can't tear my eyes away from her and I could see the way she was looking at me waiting for me to talk.

She clears her  throat. " Teti...Sir " She says bringing me back from my trans of thought.

" To what do I owe the pleasure, sir ?" she says and I am sure she is cursing me out in her mind because that smile on her face wasn't genuine. I have seen the way she smiled when she's with my brother. I hate to admit that I always feel very angry anytime I see her smiling at whatever my brother tells her.

" Why do you leave this with the documents?" I ask raising the resignation letter for her to see trying to control my foolish heart who refused to stop beating and I doubt if she can't hear it.

" Sir? " She says as if she didn't hear me.

" ERIIFEOLUWASIMI, Why you do leave me a resignation letter?" I called her full name for the first time which came as a surprise to me. I have always addressed her with “HEY”.

"Eri" I  drawled her name signaling I am waiting for her response when she didn't respond.

" Sir, I resigned, " She said quickly.

" Because of ?" I ask even when I am damn sure I was the reason for her resigning though Vana adds up to it.

" I resigned because ....." She didn't complete her sentence as tears immediately glisten in her  eyes and my chest tighten knowing I am the cause of her pain.

" I. I am sorry " Those words flew out of my mouth without control.

Did I just apologize to her? I ask myself immediately she raised her head with a surprised look on her face.

" I am so sorry about what Vana Did" I quickly correct myself.

Tears flow freely down her eyes and I wish I could kiss them away and tell her how sorry I am.

"I apologize on her behalf," I said not knowing how to console her.

I had to use Vana as an excuse and apologize to her. After she wiped her tears away with the back of her palm, I knew I had to talk about the resignation letter she dropped and I did what came to my mind that instant because I couldn't think straight.  I tore the resignation letter in front of her telling her to come to the office and write another one in person while I was praying deep down in my heart that she doesn't call my bluff.

I keep thinking about everything on my way back home that day.

I have never done this before so it felt strange to me. What's she doing to me? Is her charm working on me too? Why do I always feel sad anytime she cries? Why do I always feel protective of her anytime she is in danger? What's wrong with me? I don't know the relationship between her and my brother but by the way he acts around her, I know it's more than liking. Rotimi has never cared about someone like that before and for him,  to even yell at Vana who he likes so much because of her then he must be in love with her.

What am I feeling?  Am I falling for her? Is it her charms that are working for me? God! Why am I feeling this way?

I couldn't sleep throughout that night as I keep tossing on my bed. I hope she comes to the office  on Monday.

TBC ...................................

Kindly Drop Your Thought On This Episode Or Type Am Following.