EPISODE 16

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 16

ERI'S POV

" W..what did you just do ?" He says as his expression hardened.

" T.. teti, I am in...." I couldn't complete my sentence as the flight attendant comes in.

" Sir, I just...I just ...." The rest of the words hangs in her throat because of the compromise situation she met us. I could see the sadness written all over her face. I guess she doesn't see that coming and am glad she met us this way because I am still in his arms. At least that will put her in place.

I slowly pull myself away from him as he stands on his feet and turns to face the flight attendant. " I think I would like to have some drink now, " He says and went back to his seat

The flight attendant's frown was quickly replaced with a smile. " Ok sir, Alcoholic or Non-alcoholic?".

" Alcoholic," He says and my eye widen as I turn my head to look at him.

Has he forgotten we are meeting some business partners? I wanted to talk but decided to keep my mouth shut.

" Right away sir, " The flight attendant says showing her white sets of teeth which I can bet she gets it done and disappear.

A long silence engulfs us as we both remained seated with different thoughts running through our minds. I close my eyes as I recall what I did and I must say I am kind of a little embarrassed now especially when he is not showing any reactions.

Eri! What have you just done? Did you kiss your boss without his consent? Like you made the first move on a guy for the first time in your entire life. What if the feelings aren't mutual? What if he sacked you?

God! I am going crazy.

I hit my head with my palm lightly as I try to forget the scene that kept replaying in my head. Why do I have this kind of feeling for him?

Maybe I should talk to him first since I have already taken the first move? His brother already tells me he is good at hiding his feelings.

I clear my throat to get his attention as I turn slightly on my seat to face him. My heart was beating faster as I try to pick my words carefully.

" T..teti..." He cut my sentence short.

" It's Sir for you, not Teti " He yells at me taking me back by surprise. " Don't you ever in your life try what you did again. I hate cheap girls and for your information, your breath stinks".

I stare at him with disbelief as tears glittens in my eyes. I nod positively. " Yes sir," I say and turn my head towards the window so he can't see my face as hot tears streamed down my face.

"You deserved it Eri, " My inner mind tells me. What are you thinking in the first place? That he is going to hug you for a job well done? Someone who hates you right from the time he set his eyes on you and you think he is going to love you? I think he is right to react that way.

Now I regret ever kissing him in the first place. I should have known once an a$shole is an a$shole. My tears refused to stop despite how I kept wiping them away with the back of my palm.

But is it true that my breath stinks? I have always made sure to brush my teeth every day and night then use my mouthwash. I exhale into my palm to check if my breath stinks yet I couldn't detect any foul smell.

" Here is your drink sir," The flight attendant says as she appears carrying a tray filled with champagne and a glass cup.

" Ma'am, do you need anything ?".