EPISODE 6

BATTLE OF BATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 6

NOOR'S POV

I miss Eri so much. It's been two days since she has been moved to CEO Teti's office. We only see each other during  break which we hardly spent together because she hardly comes out and I wonder if she eats sometimes. I had to get her snacks and take them to her office anytime she doesn't comes out for break . I am sure CEO Teti wants to kill her with work and only God can save her from his hands.  I was left only in this big office with nobody to talk to and that's torture on its own. My CEO hardly comes to the office and it takes a lot of pleading before he sends me the mails  so I only have to sit on my desk all day playing games on my system. I wonder why they need two assistants when one hardly comes to the office.  I wish I could assist Eri but I couldn't because the one time I wanted to, Ceo Teti gave me a look and if it could kill, I should be dead gone by now.

Here I am playing Street chaser on my phone when I heard footsteps approaching. I quickly drop my phone on the desk and pretend to type on the system.

" Hello "

" Good morning Sir " I quickly stand on my feet as CEO Rotimi comes into view.

" Just call me Rotimi, please, " He says looking around as if he lost something.

" Where's Eri?"

" She has been moved to CEO Teti's office two days ago ".

" Really,"  He says and lets out a laugh shaking his head.

" Yes sir ".

" I will be right back," He says and turns to leave.

" Sir " I call his name.

" Yes," He replied and turn to face me.

" You haven't sent me back the mails and Ceo Teti has been asking for it ".

" I will try to take a look at it tonight . What's your name again? ".

So you don't know your assistant's name but can remember Eri's own?

I thought to myself.

" Mahnoor Sir ".

" What a beautiful name".

" Thank you, sir ".

" Don't you feel lonely in this big office ?".

" I do sir and that's why I wish Eri is still here ?"I quickly say.

" Do you have games or American movies on your phone ?"

" Sir?".

" Do you have ?" He asks again.

" No sir " I quickly say because who knows if it's a trap. He might want to give me work to do so I won't be idle.

" Okay then . I will transfer some to your system when I get home at least you won't feel bored ".

I don't know if I should say “Thank you ” or not so I just keep looking at him as if what he just said was a surprise to me.

" I will be right back," He says and leaves ".

" Ok, sir ".

ROTIMI'S POV

I walked towards Teti's office and I wonder why he keeps torturing the innocent girl. I pushes the entrance  door to his office without knocking and I was wowed at how he was able to built a small transparent glass office for her. Eri was busy typing on her system so I decided not to bother her.  I was about to walk towards the door glass that demarcates her from Teti's office when she raised her head up . Immediately she sighted me, she  stood on her feet, and greet me. I only waved at her as I turn the doorknob and entered Teti's office.