EPISODE 4

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 4

My back was turned to him as I struggled to lift myself off the floor due to the heels I was putting on.

" I am so s....." My voice hitched when I heard a tearing sound and my eyes widened in shock.

My skirt!

I am not putting on a pant underneath which means he has......

Oh no!

I close my eyes as I freeze on my feet. I am so embarrassed to move and I wish the ground could just open and swallow me. An expensive cologne filled my nostrils as  I felt someone tap my shoulder. My eyes snapped open as I  turned my head slowly to see who it was and it was no other person than him. He was now only in his waistcoat as he hands me his suit not looking at me.

I look at him and quickly turn my back away from him covering myself as if he has not seen it . I collect the suit from him and  tied it around my waist while he went back to his seat.

" Thank... you," I say and run out of his office.

" Hey, What happened to you ?"Mahnoor asks standing on her feet immediately I got back to our office.

I walked towards my desk and sat down while she came closer to me. I felt so embarrassed of myself as I placed my head on the desk and I don't think I can ever look him straight in the eyes after what happened.

" Eri, you are not talking. What happened to you? Look at your blouse stained with coffee? Is he the one? Wait! he poured the coffee on you? " Mahnoor asks with concern written all over her face.

" He is not the one,  Noor ".

" Then who ?" She asks getting worried.

I stand on my feet and point to the suit sleeves knotted in front of me. She traced my hand down to the suit and quickly look up at me.

" You got your period ?" She asks covering her mouth with her hand.

" No, Noor".

I calmly explained what happened to her and by the time I am done her eyes were almost out  of  their socket.

" Wow, But why is he treating you this way ?".

" I don't even know, " I say as I try to fight back my tears. "  Maybe he is taking revenge because of the water I splashed onto his face or because he thought I am one of his brother's flings which I am not. I don't even know him and I don't think I have ever heard of his name before".

" Maybe his elder brother mistook  you for someone else ?" Mahnoor says.

" I think so ".

" So what  are you going to do about his suit ?".

" I don't even think I can face him tomorrow.  he sees my A$$ and that was his fault. My skirt wouldn't have torn if he doesn't shout at me like that ".

" You will just have to act like nothing happened when you see him tomorrow ".

" I wish I can do that, Noor ". " Won't I give him back his expensive suit ?"

" Won't I stop this work like this because if I could pass through something like this on my first day at work? Who knows what he is going to do ?"

"  Please don't  Eri. If you stopped working, it will show that he is right about you. Try and show him that you are not what he thinks you are and if you can't return his suit, I can help you do that. I will lie In your place and attend to him anytime he calls you saying you are purging".