EPISODE 2

The content of this write up is the exclusive intellectual property of ewatomi abiodun. No unauthorised reproduction on any media is allowed without the empress permission of the writer. Kindly take note and be guided. You will be sued if you are caught plaigarising . Thank you for your love and support for my work.

ENJOY 🥰

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 2

ERI'S POV

I have never been  humiliated like this  in my entire life . I thought I will never be among those ladies that cried out but  guess I am wrong to think I am stronger than any of them. Why do I even think mine will be different? If a whole grown man can cry out of that room then what's left for a delicate woman like me. Only God knows what the bastard uttered to the men for them to have tears in their eyes if he could say something like this to me upon false accusation.

I could see the way the rest were looking at me with fear visible in their eyes as I got to the hall. I bow my head down as I head out wiping my face at the same time as my tears refused to stop flowing.

" Oh my God! I am so sorry " I quickly say  I bumped into someone on my way out. I bend down at the same time the person bends down to help her pick the files that were already littered on the floor.

My head was still bowed down because I didn't want anyone to see me this vulnerable as my tears still blinds my eyes. I quickly wiped my tears with the back of my palm as I move a little bit forward to pick the remaining files.

" Are you okay ?" I heard a feminine voice and I need no soothsayer to tell me I bumped into a woman.

I wiped my tears and raised my head to look at her and it was no other person than the young lady who addressed us earlier.  " Ye..yeah, I am okay," I say with a smile as I hand her the files even though I know my eyes say otherwise.

She gave me a tight smile as she collected the files from me. " I am so sorry for anything he says to you . He is just in a bad mood ".

" Yeah, he is in a bad mood," I thought to myself as I only nodded my head at her and take my leave.

I walked slowly to the elevator and as God would have it, no one was going to ride the elevator with me so it gave me so much chance to cry my eyes out. I cried to my satisfaction as the elevator was in motion. I wiped face  and composed myself as I walked out of the elevator when it stopped. I board a taxi home this time around and pluck my AirPods into my ears  listening to my favorite music.

I got home and immediately I saw a slipper in my front door and I knew my mum is inside. I didn't bother to take out my keys so I only knock and within a second, she already came to open the door.

" Oko mi, Why is your face like this ?" She asks me immediately she opened the door.

I didn't bother to answer her as I walked in and flop on the couch. She closed the door and walked towards me. She sat beside me looking at me closely.

I let out a weak smile as I turned my head to look at her. " Why are you looking at me like that ?" I ask her because trust me, my mom knows me like the back of her palms.

" What happened ? it seems you have been crying a lot . Is it about the the the job? Oko mi, ma ro nu ( My dear, don't brood about it) . I know God will give you your own job ".

Tell me why I won't love my mum. Even before I tell her what's happening to me, she already knows. I could remember how she feels sad when I told her am moving out. She was crying her eyes out like I was already going to my husband's house. I just wanted to be independent on my own and not rely on my parents anymore. I am the only child of my parents though my parents are not rich, I would classify our family as the middle class but they are okay to be able to give me anything I want maybe because I am the only child they have. Ever since I move out, my mum has always made it a habit to always come to my apartment every three days bringing me foodstuffs and of course, cash, since I don't have a job yet if not I would have run back home due to hunger.