EPISODE 10

Let's not be stingy with love . If you know you love all Ewatomi Abiodun stories , kindly invite your friends and family to follow me  . Let them also read and learn from it because that's my intention . Thanks .

BATTLE OF FATE

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 10

The next time this northern beggers tells me   “Akoba adaba Olorun maje ka ri” ( Undeserved punishment, unforeseen evil may God guide and protect us from both of it ) while begging me for money, I will answer with a very resounding Amen and give them more than enough money because I just know the gravity of the prayer. My hunger flew out of the window as tears threaten to fall for my eyes as I think of what is going to befall me.

"Mr. Rotimi! Mr. Rotimi!! Mr. Rotimi!!! " I called his name shaking him vigorously yet no response . Tears stream freely down my eyes as if it was an ocean.

Ha! God! What should I do? I am too little to go to jail. What do I tell my parents?

I don't even know what to do as I keep pacing back and forth my room then come back to shake him again. If I shouted out for my neighbor to come to my rescue, would they believe me that I have nothing to do with him if he died? Vana will surely see I rot in jail while his arrogant brother will make sure I spent the rest of my life suffering and my ex-boyfriend will make jest of me saying nemesis got me.

" Water! Yes, water!!!" I quickly run into my bathroom and fortunately for me, I already fetched a bucket of water down to take my bath after eating. I quickly pick up the bucket and run out to the living room. I don't care if all my rug gets wet, I just pray he wakes up and I promise this will be the last time he will ever step his foot into my house.

I pick the small bowl containing water inside the bucket and splash it on his face calling his name and praying in tongues that God should save me.  I was crying all along calling his name as I splash the water on his face and I heave a sigh of relief when he sneezed twice. I threw the small bowl away and kneel beside him placing his head on my lap.

" Mr .. Rotimi! Can you see me? " I say shaking him as tears spilled down my eyes.

He opened his eyes slowly." Eri, I..am so sorry".

" It's ..okay, " I say even though I know it's not okay with me.

" Let's take you to the hospital, I will call your brother so he can come and pick you," I say and try to lift him when he suddenly holds me down by my hand.

" Please don't take me to the hospital and don't call my brother, " He says pleadingly. " I don't want my family to know that's why I came to your place ".

" M..Rotimi, you fainted for the past twenty minutes and I nearly died and come back. I am so sorry but I will have no choice but to call your brother or better still take you to the hospital " I say as my tears refused to stop.

" Eri, I am going to die if you take me to the hospital. I am so sorry I fainted. I promise it won't repeat itself. Just let me stay here. Please " He says as tears glittens in his eyes and his voice cracks in between his words.

God! What have I put myself into? What if he collapsed again and didn't open his eyes? Did I not just pray to God that if he save me, I won't let him into my house again.

" Eri, please. I promise It won't happen again. I am so sorry that I scared you and make you cry. Please don't take me to the hospital and I don't want my family to see me like this " He says and bursts into tears.

" Please don't cry . You are still burning up. Can I get your drugs from the pharmacy then ?".

" Yes, give me a paper, please. I will write the drugs you can get for me " He says shivering due to the water I baptized him with.