Chapter 3

After spending three and a half hours putting away all my stuff and then going out to grab groceries and something to eat for lunch, I finally had time for a relaxing shower.

I need to leave at around 7:45 pm from here to be there at 8 o'clock. I sigh and close the water before opening the shower glass door and quickly grabbing my towel, starting to pat my skin dry. I always hate this first minute of opening the shower door as the cold breeze harshly hits my wet skin.

I wrap my hair up in another towel before checking the time on my phone seeing that I have just enough time to get ready as it's 6:55 pm. I start by putting on my nude underwear cause I'll need them for the dress I'm wearing tonight before proceeding to do my makeup.

I wanted to do a graphic liner tonight so I know that's going to take me a while to perfect it so better start with that. I look into my brown eyes trying to match everything as good as possible and after finally 20 minutes I'm done with it.

I turn my head on both sides seeing me from all angles. The freckles on my face are a permanent accessory just like the small tattoos adorning my upper body. I just coat my lashes with mascara and put lip balm on my plumb lips.

I let out my light blonde medium length hair and brush them before picking up my hairdryer, blowing them for the next 15 minutes. I always like my hair more after a blow dry as it adds volume to my otherwise slightly wavy hair. I brush them again to fix them watching the shorter pieces of hair at the front fall in my face.

I rush towards my bed and grab my green oversized button-up shirt dress and put it on before leaving unbutton the first 2 buttons. I don't have very big boobs they're only a B cup so I find it easy wearing low cut tops and dresses.

I twist it a bit, adjust it to my liking and wrap a black belt with gold accents around my narrow waist to accentuate it. I sit down and put on my black strappy sandals heels and throw on my black faux leather coat before checking myself in the mirror.

I look good, I wonder why am I single? Oh, right cause of my dumb ex.

I grab the same colour as my dress bag with a chunky gold chain and put it over my shoulder before making sure I grabbed my card key and start walking to the restaurant.

The student accommodation is in such a nice location with the uni only a 15-20 minute walk away and only a 5-minute walk from the city centre. It also has a museum right across it and a park right next to it. I also have a nice view from my room of a smaller park with a bronze statue in the middle.

After a 10 minute walk, I reach the restaurant and look around instantly spotting some of my friends sitting down at a table for 6. It's hard not to see the long ice blonde hair that belongs to Abi, my best girlfriend and the curly ginger hair on Caleb's head, my guy best friend right next to her.

Abi and I have been friends since year 3, she's absolutely gorgeous with that long hair and brown eyes, button nose, fairly plumb lips and curvy body. She's a great friend and has been there for me through thick and thin. I'm so happy that we'll be studying the same subject, we're going to have a blast.

I wouldn't change anything about her, okay maybe I'll change a thing or two like her stubbornness that doesn't let her make the right decisions sometimes.

"Hey guys," I say, gaining everyone's attention at the table.

"Hey girl," Caleb says standing up to hug me first.

I met Caleb in year 2, he was my first friend. He's a tall boy with ginger hair, light brown eyes, a straight nose and thinner lips. He changed a lot throughout the years not so much appearance-wise but more so his personality going from a quiet, more introverted kid to this opinionated, social butterfly. Caleb says things how he sees them and he's unapologetically himself and I like that.