Chapter 14

Daisy's P.O.V

I watch as the light grey clouds move across the blue sky, stealing all the beaming sunlight for themselves, leaving us in gloominess.

The person across me clears their throats, clearly wanting my attention again. I shift my gaze from the window to a pair of green eyes that look at me expectantly. 

"So, I wanted for us to talk about something," Sophia says, stirring a small spoon in her cup of coffee.

"Clearly, or else we wouldn't be sitting here would we," I say, trying to understand what is this going to be about.

Sophia had unexpectedly called me, wanting to meet up with me, just the two of us, saying that there's something important she wants to talk to me about and she can't do it with the others around.

I don't remember the last time I and her sat down together to talk. She isn't my closest friend in the group.

"You've been blowing me off a lot lately," she says taking me aback.

"I don't feel like I have," I say, leaning back on my chair.

"Well, you have," she snaps, leaning forward on the table, planting her elbows on it.

"First, you decline my offer for breakfast to hang out with Theo, then you decline me again for dinner to stay in with him, don't you see it?" She says, furrowing her eyebrows.

"And after those two occasions that I couldn't hang out with you because I already had plans, we all hanged out together twice so no, I don't see it," I say, not seeing where this is coming from.

"I'm not talking about hanging out with everyone! I'm talking about us two hanging out one on one together," she says, raising her voice slightly, still cautious of being in public.

"I haven't really hanged out one one one with anyone from our group lately, we always hang out all together cause we're a big group. I don't see where you're getting at," I say, straightening to fix my white cami top.

"I don't think you want to be friends with me anymore that's where I'm getting at. If you wanted you could have made time for me," she says, crossing her arms on the table.

"That's bullshit Sophia," I say, furrowing my eyebrows.

I brush my hair back sighing, this is probably going to go on for a while.

"Is it though? Cause lately the only person you have time for seems to be Theo," she says, rolling her eyes.

"With him is different. I just recently met the boy, of course, I'll want to hang out with him to get to know him better," I say gripping my drink and taking a sip.

"Well, yeah, but not at the expense of the time of your friends. We all feel like you're spending too much time with Theo lately," she says, emphasizing on the word friends, making me shake my head.

"Now this is what you're not going to do, don't bring our other mutual friends into this. You're the only one bringing this issue to me now and you're the only one sitting across me having this conversation," I say sternly whilst pointing my finger at her.

"I didn't mean it like that but whatever," she says brushing me off.

"No, that's exactly how you meant it. You wanted to make it seem like you had a lot of people backing you up on this to try and make me feel guilty. And Even if it was true just because you might have a bigger army doesn't make you be in the right," I say.

"Look, we don't have private conversations anymore, you usually never text me first, and I just overall feel like you're not putting effort into our friendship," she says.