Chapter 16

I use my knuckles to frantically knock on Dasy's door feeling the excitement exuding out of me.

"What do you want again? Did you forget anything here earlier?" She asks me.

"No, I'm here to take you for a ride," I say, watching her brows furrow.

"Excuse me?" She asks slowly.

"A ride in my new car," I say bringing out my car keys, dangling them in the air.

"Oh, wait when did you get a car?" She asks, mouth falling agape.

"Earlier today and what were you thinking when I said ride?" I ask, raising an eyebrow as I put my keys back in my front jeans pocket.

I decided to wear a pair of dark grey jeans, black boots, a black sweatshirt and my leather jacket.

"Nothing, I was just confused," she says quickly, avoiding my gaze.

"Daisy," I say, making her look up at me again.

I take two steps further and lean closer to her, placing my hand on top of hers on the door handle.

"You're such a bad liar, you know?" I whisper to her, watching her gulp.

"I know, you don't have to rub it in," she whispers back, glaring at me.

"Noted," I whisper, taking a step back.

"I'll go grab my jacket," she says, taking her hand away from the door handle.

I watch her as she goes further into her studio and grabs a black bomber jacket from her wardrobe, throwing it on. She's wearing a green sweatshirt over a black roll neck it seems and black cycling shorts with a pair of black chunky trainers. She doesn't grab a bag with her only her phone and room key.

"Ready," she says, stopping in front of me with a big smile on.

"I see that," I say, making her drop her smile.

"Let's go," I say, grabbing her wrist and taking her downstairs.

"So, what type of car did you get?" She asks as we ride down the elevator.

"I bought the Dacia Sandero, a pretty affordable car," I say, exiting the door and walking with her to the parking lot.

"How much did it cost you?" She asks as we reach the car.

"It was £9590, I paid extra to get it painted black," I say, watching her examine it.

"So, what do you think?" I ask, resting my arms on the roof of the car.

"It's nice, and the price is good. So, how about that ride?" She asks smiling, reaching for the passenger's door handle.

"Get in," I say, opening the driver's door and sitting down.

"How did you afford it?" She asks me, looking at the interior running her hand over the leather seat.

"I took a job at an online stores warehouse helping pack orders during my gap year. It paid me £10 an hour and I was there full time. I save that money since I didn't need to pay rent, bills or groceries, I was still living with my family," I say as I back away from the parking lot.

"That's great, I was working as well odd jobs here and there throughout the two years off that I took after high school," she says, looking outside the window as we drive away.

"Why did you take two years off?" I ask, glancing at her once we hit a red light.

"I wanted to help my mum with the tuition fees money," she says.