Chapter 8

Daisy's P.O.V

I grip my shoulder bag tighter as I walk back alone to my place after saying goodbye to my girlfriends. I and the girls went to do some shopping although I didn't end up buying anything which is not unusual for me.

Lately, I haven't been liking anything in the physical stores, the majority of my clothes are from online shopping.

I squint my eyes as the harsh wind blows on my face pushing my hair back. I hate the wind with such passion, it always messes with my hair and frizzes them up.

"Daisy?" I hear someone shout behind me and unfortunately, I knew that voice all too well.

Oh, shit! I mumble under my breath rolling my eyes.

I run my hand through my hair taking a deep breath and turn around.

"George, what do you want?" I say, coming face to face with my ex.

"I just want to talk. I thought that much was pretty obvious from my text messages," he says, tilting his head to the side.

"Yeah, well I thought as well that it was pretty obvious that I don't want to talk with you," I say, pressing my lips together.

"You know, you say you're the mature one but you've been ignoring me like a 12-year-old child giving me the silent treatment," he says, pointing his finger at me. 

"What is there to talk about George?" I ask, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"A lot of things about our breakup. I want closure," he says, shoving his hands in his pockets.

I open my mouth to respond but he cuts me off.

"Just give me 15 minutes, we can sit down and talk like adults," he says.

"Will you leave me alone if we do that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I'll leave you alone. We can just grab a coffee from that shop and go to a nearby park to have a bit more privacy," he says moving closer to me.

"Fine, you're paying," I say, letting my hands fall on my sides.

"Fine, come on," he says, motioning for me to follow him with his head.

We grab our coffees and then walk five minutes to a park nearby sitting on a bench where it's a little bit more secluded. If I was alone or with my friends I would've actually enjoyed sitting here having this wonderful view of all this greenery.

"So, ask your questions so we can get this over with," I say, taking a sip of my coffee looking at two children playing with a ball in the distance. 

"I'll start by saying that your reasoning for breaking up with me doesn't cover me. I can't believe that that's the only reason, frankly, I don't think you were as invested in us as I was, seeing as it was so easy for you to break it off with me," his words make my head twitch.

"Are you joking me?" I ask.

"No, no I'm not, 'cause you didn't even seem to consider giving me a second chance. If you really did care about me you would've talked it out with me first and I would of better my behaviour but instead, you jumped immediately to break it off with me."

My mouth falls agape at what I'm hearing coming out of his mouth. 

"First of all, I was fully invested in our relationship up until your behaviour started shifting for the worse, right," I say slightly raising an eyebrow.

Once I see him open his mouth I cut him off cause I'm not done yet.

"And yes I didn't consider giving you a second chance because why would I? You became a gaslighting asshole, that was deflecting left and right," I say.