Chapter 33

Theo's P.O.V

"Goal yes!" Aaron yells as everyone at the pub cheers on.

I and the boys came to a pub to watch the football game and so far our team is winning 2 to 1.

I raise the beer glass to my lips, taking a couple of gulps of it, feeling the cool sensation trickle down my throat.

The pub is full of guys and older men for the most part with a few girls around, all sitting and watching the game.

The pub has a vintage style with wooden tables and leather seats and dim lighting.

"They're going to win this," Liam says, eyes wide whilst glued to the TV.

"Cheers to that," Thomas says as we all raise our glasses and clink them together. 

"So, how are you and Daisy?" Liam asks, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I was expecting this question to come sooner or later. I used to casually hook up with random girls like once or twice a month and ever since I met Daisy actually, I haven't given any girl the time of day.

"We're good and as of recently we're friends with benefits," I say as Aaron whistles.

Thomas shakes his head and looks down at the table whilst Liam freezes momentarily before placing his drink down. 

"For real?" Miles asks, looking at me with his head slightly tilted to the side.

Interesting, this wasn't the reaction I was expecting to get.

I was waiting for Aaron and Liam to immediately be cheering me on like typical lads and Miles not to say anything cause ever since his breakup he closed off to himself.

From Thomas that slight disappointment I was expecting it, to be honest, he always wanted me to find love and he thought that by just hooking up with people I wouldn't ever find that.

"Yeah," I say looking at them.

"I knew it mate," Liam says, smiling wide while patting me in the back.

"Why the delayed reaction?" I ask, as my eyebrow twitches.

"Honestly for me, you caught me off guard, like I was expecting it but it still caught me," Liam says, biting his bottom lip afterwards.

"Yeah same," says Aaron.

"Do you think that she can have sex with you and not develop any deeper feelings?" Thomas starts the questioning, resting his elbows on the table.

"We know you can but what about her? I didn't really peg her as that type of girl from the little that I've seen her," Miles says before I'm able to reply.

"Well, so far everything has been going smoothly," I say, shrugging.

"That doesn't really answer the question," Thomas says, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, because she's not looking for a relationship," I say firmly.

"You know you can still catch feelings for someone even if you don't really want to," Miles says, making me glance at him.

"Yeah, I know that," I say, twisting my glass around.

"How long have you been friends with benefits for?" Liam asks, snacking on the nuts.

"For like two and a half weeks," I say, picking up a crisp and putting it in my mouth.

"A lot can change in almost 3 weeks," Thomas says, making me roll my eyes.

"Don't you worry that it might end as it ended with Claire?" Miles asks me.

"You know Daisy asked me that as well so, as I said to her, this is different. With Claire, I was just platonic friends while with Daisy, we agreed on this different type of friendship. Any other questions?" I ask, leaning back on my seat.

"Do you trust her enough to tell you if she develops feelings for you?" Thomas asks, staring at me.

The people around us cheers once more, making us all glance at the TV and join them seeing as our team won the game.

"Yeah, I do," I answered honestly.

"And what about you? Do you trust yourself to tell her if you fall for her?" Thomas asks, making the other boys look at me expectantly.

I like Daisy, and I like her more and more every passing minute we spend together and it scares me, cause I don't know how to stop that.

I wasn't expecting to find someone so soon to like on a potentially deeper level so, I'm completely unprepared. I don't know what I'll do so, I try not to think about it so much.

I don't want to feel that type of pain again.

"I don't know," I say softly, scratching my teeth among my bottom lip.

"For how long are you going to be afraid of love Theo?" Miles asks.

Honestly, I don't know.

"Okay, let him breathe you guys," Liam says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

Even though I didn't approve of his reaction to Aaron cheating, I can't imagine myself not being friends with Liam.

"Alright let's move on, next topic!" Aaron says, raising his glass before gulping down the rest of his beer.

"I think I'm going to break it off with my girl," Liam says, making Aaron choke.

"Why?" I ask, glancing at the lively people around us. 

"I don't really feel it with her anymore," he says, running his hand through his hair as he slumps down on his seat.

"Did something else happen?" Thomas asks, checking something on his phone.

"Not really, is just that I have been thinking about it a lot lately. Thinking about everything that happened up to today," he says, playing with the coaster.

"Why haven't you said so earlier?" Aaron asks,  furrowing his eyebrows.

"I guess I wanted to try and figure it on my own and I think I did, I just want that reassurance now," he says, letting out a big sigh.

"What are you thinking then?" Miles asks, looking outside the window.

"To break it off with her because she's really been projecting her insecurities onto our relationship and I'm getting tired of it. I've tried time and time again to make her feel better, to reassure her but nothing seems to be working. She gets upset when we talk about her insecurities and closes off for a few days and then act as if everything is fine until it isn't again. And then the whole thing of not wanting to hang out with any of you is just the cherry on top," he says, taking a sip of his drink once he finished, clenching his thirst.

"Do you feel happy right now with her?" Thomas asks.

"No," Liam whispers, looking down at his hands.

"Then that's your reassurance to your decision," he says.

"It's time to let go, mate," I say, patting him on the back.

"You too Theo, I think it's time for you to let go," Thomas says, bringing my attention to him.

"Let go of a couple of things," Miles says.

Letting go is easier said than done.

In reality, it freaks me out just like moving on to something new and uncertain does but...maybe they're right.

Maybe...I can at least try to do it, one day, soon.

A/N

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next one as Daisy finds out the meaning of the remaining tattoo on Theos arm and then things escalate...👀❤️💋🔥

Please don't forget to comment & vote ❤️

I hope you all have a great day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️