Chapter 53

Theo's P.O.V

I've never felt so carefree in my life, love can really change you. It feels so good to finally allow myself to love someone again and be loved back.

It's so nice being in love.

I never thought that they'll be a day where I'll have a girlfriend and what girlfriend. I'm feeling kind of smug not going to lie for having the girl that I have.

The chilly wind picks up again, brushing our faces and tousling our hair. The sun miraculously came out today so we came out for a picnic with a couple of our friends, them being Amelia, Thomas and Miles, and all of Daisy's friends.

Speaking of Daisy, I cast my gaze down at the luscious blonde hair on her head, that's resting on my chest as she lays between my legs on the soft blanket. I have my back on a tree with one hand holding a beer can and the other draped over her chest holding one of her hands.

She intertwines our fingers as she holds a book on the other hand on her hip, quietly reading. The others engage in a conversation but neither of us paid enough attention to participate as we seem lost in our world.

"Good afternoon passengers of flight EZY7152, please if you could fasten your seatbelts and straighten your chairs as we're getting ready for take-off," Caleb says, holding a can of beer as the microphone thing, making both of us turn to look at him with furrow eyebrows. 

"We hope you enjoy the flight and will consider flying with us again," Amelia adds, grabbing the makeshift microphone of his hands. 

"Are you guys good?" I ask.

"Yeah, we're perfect, you?" Thomas says, tightening his hold around Amelia's waist.

"Same," I say, nodding my head.

"We can tell," Abi says, picking up some crisps and putting them in her mouth.

"You two look extra cosy today and extra smiley," Miles says with a small smile.

"Did something happen?" Emma asks, looking at us with wide eyes.

"Oh, nothing special apart from the fact that as of a couple of days ago I have a girlfriend apparently," I say, watching as the girl's gasp and the boy's jaws dropped.

"Yeah and I think I heard someone tell me that they love me, or you know I might have dreamed of it honestly," Daisy adds, making me shake my head smiling before lifting our intertwined fingers, kissing her hand. 

"No way," Julian and Amelia say.

"Shut up," Abi says at the same time.

"Mate!" Miles shouts excited.

"Yes! Finally," Thomas yells, smiling wide.

"We're so happy for you guys," Emma says squealing.

"Now this, requires a toast," Caleb says, lifting his can as we all follow suit.

"To young love," Abi yells.

"To the new couple," Emma says in a singing manner.

"To Daisy and Theo," Thomas says.

"And to Theo and Daisy," Amelia says, making Thomas glance at her amused.

"To love," I say softly.

"Cheers!" We all yell, clinking our cans of beer together.

"Now, as the males in Daisy's life," Caleb starts saying after taking a sip of his drink.

"Oh my lord," I hear Daisy mumble, letting go of her book and putting her arm around her eyes.

"You know we have a couple of questions to ask," Julia says as they both lean a bit closer to me.

"What are your intentions with my bestie, here?" Caleb says, pointing at Daisy.

"Not going to lie, I don't see marriage," I say, making his jaw drop and Julian pats him on the back to calm him.

"That's one hard pill to swallow mister Theodore," he says.

"Are you religious?" Caleb asks.

"No, I'm an atheist," I say, watching him start fanning himself.

"What do you do for work?" He asks through his teeth.

"Um, about that, I'm unemployed," I say, nodding my head as Daisy stifles a laugh.

Caleb grabs his cold beer can and presses it against his head.

"Okay, next question. What are your hobbies?"

"Boxing cause I like beating the shit out of something or someone," I say.

"Julian honey, my pills, they're on the bedside table," Caleb says, reaching out for Julian's hand, making us laugh.

"Please leave all you're information and we'll call you once we reach a conclusion about your application, thank you," Caleb says after imitating taking pills down with his beer.

"You guys are idiots," Daisy says, removing her hand and turning her head to the side to look at them.

"No, but seriously now, why do you want to date our girl?" Julian asks, smiling genuinely.

"Because she teaches me how to love and receive love again. She makes me laugh, she inspires me to become a better version of myself but at the same time loves me for me with all my flaws and fears. She knows how to reassure me when I'm overthinking stuff and she knows how I like to be shown, love," I say, watching everyone, including Daisy, look at me with smiles on their faces.

"Yeah, he's whipped," Caleb says, making them laugh.

"Give me the 20," He says to Thomas, extending a hand towards him.

"Alright, you won fair and square," Thomas says, giving him a £20 note.

"Are you guys for real now?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, mate," Caleb says, nodding his head.

"You too? Wow," I say with eyebrows raised as I watch Miles getting money from Julian.

"What? Easy money, mate," he says whilst shrugging.

"Way to ruin a romantic moment, you dipshits," Daisy says, leaning up to kiss me.

"I really liked your answer," she whispers against my lips.

"I'm glad you did," I whisper back, kissing her once more before letting her get back into her original position.  

"We have to make our money from somewhere guys, come on," Caleb says, shoving the money in his back pocket.

"Indeed really good answer Theo," Emma says, smiling softly.

"Thank you," I say as I watch Daisy sit up to pick up a strawberry.

I quickly figure out that Daisy's favourite fruit is strawberries cause she only went for them. I pick up another strawberry and press it against her lips, waiting for her to bite it. She parts her lips and wraps them around the strawberry, biting down to it.

I reach my thumb over her bottom lip, cleaning her off some fruit juices as I stare into her warm brown eyes. I bring my thumb up to my mouth, sucking it clean as I watch her smile tightly before biting her lip, glancing at me.

Gosh, I love her!

A/N

Happy international women's day! ❤️

Do you have friends like Caleb and Julian?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next one as exes talk happens...👀

Please don't forget to comment & vote ❤️

I hope you all have a great day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️