Chapter 2

Earth-199999

Year: 2020 (2 months after the breakup)

"Are you sure about this?" your father asked.

After ending things with Natasha, you sought solace with your parents, tears streaming down your face. You poured your heart out, explaining how Natasha didn't want the baby and how you had broken up with her. To say that Pepper and Tony were upset would be an understatement. They were livid, especially Tony. All he wanted was to storm into Natasha's room and make her pay for breaking your heart. However, you pleaded with your father to stay by your side.

News of the situation soon reached the rest of your family, and they shared in your anger towards Natasha, particularly your best friend, Wanda. Wanda glared at your ex-fiancé whenever she crossed paths with her, intentionally brushing against her shoulder.

Natasha secluded herself, rarely leaving her room except for essential tasks like meals, missions, meetings, and training.

Not having to constantly see Natasha on campus helped in your healing process, but it wasn't enough. The knowledge that the person who wanted your child gone resided in the same place as you ate away at you. That's why you decided to create a portal device that could transport you to another universe, to a different Earth, where you could find peace.

You wanted to escape, to heal, to leave your job, your family, and hopefully return in the future.

Tony and Pepper initially objected. They didn't want their eldest daughter venturing into the unknown, especially while carrying an unborn child. They knew you wanted to be as far away from Natasha as possible, and staying in another country wouldn't be a sufficient solution. However, witnessing the toll Natasha's presence took on you, they finally relented.

With Tony, Bruce, and Scott's assistance, you developed a portable device capable of reliably transporting you back and forth to a specific universe and Earth.

"Yes, Dad. I have never been more certain in my life," you replied, looking up at your parents and the other Avengers who watched as you prepared for your journey.

"Alright, Earth-38 it is," your father nodded.

"We're going to miss you, Kid," Steve said.

"I'll miss you too, Cap. Don't worry, I'll visit as often as I can," you smiled at your family.

"Take care of yourself over there, okay?" Peter tried to hold back tears as he spoke.

"I will, Pete. And please, look after Morgan for me. Be her big brother," you said, wiping his tears away.

"Can I come with you instead?" Morgan asked, hugging your leg. You knelt down to her level, smiling at your sister.

"You can't, princess, but I promise to visit you as often as I can. I love you so much," you assured Morgan, embracing her and receiving an "I love you too" in return.

"Expect visits from us in a few months," Wanda chimed in. Although everyone knew it would take more time for your father to create replicas of the device for everyone, Wanda remained optimistic.

Passing Morgan to your dad, you approached your best friend, embracing her tightly. The sight made everyone smile, except for a slight tension when you noticed Natasha observing the exchange from outside the lab. Wanda sensed your unease but chose to disregard it.

After bidding final farewells to everyone, you kissed your parents and Morgan one last time before gripping two large duffle bags filled with cash and activating your device to open the portal.

With one last look, you glanced back at Natasha, feeling a sense of freedom from her haunting presence.

----------