Chapter 18

----------

"I-I'm sorry, but who are you?" your words took both Bruce and the raven-haired girl by surprise. Bruce couldn't believe what he was hearing, while the girl thought you were playing a prank.

"Y/n, fun time's over, young lady. No more jokes. We need to examine you," Bruce stated, giving you a stern look.

"Where's Natasha? Where's my fiancé?" you asked in panic, still shaken by the stranger's kiss and the pleasure you felt during it.

Your anxious behavior finally convinced Bruce that a part of your memory was missing.

"I think I should go," the older girl said in a defeated tone, making you feel sorry for her. You were confused as to why you couldn't remember her, but based on her actions, it seemed like you knew each other well. However, the last thing you remembered was being abducted by Hydra during a mission. Your strange attraction to the raven-haired girl made you feel guilty, as if you were cheating on Natasha. All you wanted was to be with her right now.

"You seriously don't remember her?" Bruce asked, giving you a strange look.

"What are you talking about? I don't know her. Why are you asking these weird questions? I want my fiancé, Bruce. Where's Natasha?" you asked, growing more anxious by the situation.

"Y/n, you and Natasha aren't together anymore. The woman who just left, that's your girlfriend, Lena, and you have a son with her."

----------

After leaving the recovery room to visit you, Lena was greeted by Wanda and Natasha, both noticing her tears.

"Why are you crying? Did something happen with Y/n?" Natasha asked, concerned that Bruce might have failed to free you from Hydra's control.

"B-Bruce managed to free Y/n from Hydra's chemical subjugation, but..." Lena couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence, and Natasha stood in front of her, waiting for an explanation.

"That can't be true," Wanda stated after reading Lena's mind.

"What is it?" Natasha asked, feeling her anxiety intensify.

"She has no memories of me. All she remembers is being abducted by Hydra and still being engaged to you," Lena revealed, leaving Natasha speechless.

Wanda could sense Lena's pain and embraced her, allowing her to cry on her shoulders. Natasha, on the other hand, stood frozen, trying to process the news. The realization that you had no memory of Lena and that you were no longer engaged hit her hard. Meanwhile, Bruce called for Natasha, interrupting her thoughts.

"Y/n is looking for you," Bruce awkwardly stated, displeased with the outcome of the antidote he had developed.

Natasha glanced at Wanda with a worried expression, unsure of how to approach the situation. Her training in the Red Room hadn't prepared her for this. She sighed and silently walked toward your recovery room, refusing to look back at Lena, who was crying on Wanda's shoulder.

----------

You refused to believe Bruce's words. You were convinced that your love was reserved for Natasha, and the idea of having a child together seemed far-fetched. You and Natasha had a serious agreement that discussions of starting a family would only happen after you were married. Your thoughts were filled with confusion and disorientation when the door opened.

Seeing Natasha's face instantly brightened your day.

"I missed you, my love," you said, a familiar phrase that hadn't been spoken for a long time.