Chapter 4

Earth-38

Year: 2020 (two weeks after you arrived at National City)

You never saw Lena again after she walked out of the glass room inside the DEO Headquarters. Since then, you've managed to meet Alex and Kara's other friends, Brainy and Nia.

Kara managed to help you get some documents for your stay at National City, finally allowing you to put all your money in the bank, and was also able to purchase your own apartment.

You were sitting at your brand new couch, watching a show on Netflix, when you heard your doorbell ring.

You checked your time, seeing as it was already ten in the evening. You doubt that it would be Kara behind the door because, at this time of night, she's usually on her nightly patrol in the city as Supergirl. On the other hand, Alex has a date with her girlfriend, Kelly, whom you've also met just recently.

After pausing the show that you are watching, you went up walking towards the door.

Opening it, you were surprised to see the raven-haired woman standing at your doorstep.

"Lena, what a nice surprise!"

You told her, stepping aside, allowing her to enter your apartment.

"I got your address from Kara. I hope you don't mind."

Lena sheepishly said.

You smiled at the sound of her voice, thinking that it was nice to be hearing it again.

"Of course, I don't mind, Lena."

You replied, feeling happy that she asked for your address even though you were practically a stranger to her.

"So, what brings you into my humble abode?"

You asked as you led her to your couch.

"I just wanted to apologize for suddenly leaving back at the DEO. After you told us your story, I felt terrible. I couldn't handle my emotions any longer."

Lena explained.

You frowned upon hearing her apology.

"Lena, you don't need to say sorry. I know my story isn't for the faint of heart. I told you guys about my powers because sooner or later, I would be forced to use them if an accident happened or if someone needed help. I never really liked hiding my identity from the people I would potentially see every day."

You told her.

"Y/n, I'm thrilled that you trust us enough to tell us how you suffered in the past. You are fearless, and I admire that about you."

Lena said, making you smile at her kind words.

"Y/n, I like you and want to be your friend, but before I can do that, I have to tell you something."

She paused, asking you if she could continue.

Already intrigued by what she has to say, you urged her to continue.

"After hearing about your past, I think you deserve to know why I truly acted that way."

She paused once again.

"As you know, aliens live on this earth as refugees after their home planets were destroyed. There was a project going on around called Campus, and their role was to conduct experiments on extraterrestrial beings, ultimately harming them. There's a large population against the alien race seeking shelter on our planet, my mother is included in that population who hates aliens, and she was the one who created the project, Cadmus. I was terrified after learning about my mother's evil deed. With the help of Kara and the DEO, they managed to apprehend my mother, finally shutting down project Cadmus. But I couldn't help but feel guilty after hearing about your story because my mother is practically the same as those men who would torture you back then."