Chapter 16

It had been almost three months since you and Wanda started planning her wedding. Now, with only a day left, you would finally see your best friend walking down the aisle to marry Vision, the love of her life. With Natasha and Lena taking turns helping you take care of River, the wedding planning went smoothly. Fury was kind enough to reduce the Avengers' workload for small missions, giving you and Wanda the assistance you needed. Your billionaire father offered to pay for everything, which the initially hesitant Sokovian finally agreed to after some persuasion from you.

After learning that you had let Natasha be a mother figure to your son, the rest of the Avengers started working on rebuilding their friendship with her. They saw how much Natasha had improved over the months while taking care of River, and they were pleased that everything was back to normal at the compound. Amidst the wedding preparations, Lena couldn't help but think about making your relationship official by proposing. When she was away for work, she sought the Superfriends' help in planning a beautiful proposal just for you. Kara assisted Lena in choosing the perfect engagement ring. With everything in place, all that was left was for Lena to execute her plan and ask you the question. However, she decided to wait until after the wedding to avoid taking attention away from Wanda's special day.

Currently, you were at Wanda's bridal shower with all the women in your team, including your girlfriend Kara, Alex, Nia, and Kelly. Wanda had decided to invite your friends from Earth-38 to thank them for treating you as family.

"So, is tonight gonna be lit or nah?" you asked, trying not to be overly excited.

"It's gonna be lit! There's booze coming in!" Maria exclaimed, causing cheers to erupt from your group.

"YEAH! BOOZE!" you shouted in excitement, earning laughs from your friends.

"Be careful, darling. You're a lightweight when it comes to drinking. We don't want you getting a hangover at Wanda's wedding tomorrow," Lena warned, causing you to gasp dramatically.

"I am not!" you protested, feigning offense and eliciting more laughter.

"Actually, you are, y/n/n. Remember when your dad held one of his ridiculous parties, and you took a sip out of my glass? You instantly blacked out," Natasha teased, prompting another gasp from you.

"You take that back!" you demanded.

"You know Nat's right, though, love," Lena chimed in, supporting Natasha's statement amidst laughter from your friends.

"Oof! Y/n/n, two pair of green eyes attacking you," Alex added, and the others agreed.

"Planet green eyes attacking you. Mission: Deny that y/n/n's a lightweight. Status report: Currently Failing," Nia playfully announced, causing you to sink in your seat while your friends continued to laugh.

Although you didn't appreciate being teased, you were truly happy that Natasha and Lena were becoming friends. Wanda, being the perceptive witch that she was, smiled at the new hope she sensed in your life. After all the hardships you had faced, she was delighted to see how wonderful your life would be in the upcoming months and years.

Meanwhile, Lena took advantage of the opportunity to ask Wanda for her blessing. Aware of Wanda's mind-reading abilities, she focused her thoughts on getting the Sokovian's attention. Wanda immediately turned to her, and Lena discreetly pulled out a small box from her back pocket, opening it to reveal the contents.

"Lena... is that--"

"I want to marry her," Lena blurted out, interrupting Wanda.

"I've experienced what love is and how it's supposed to feel, and with her, it's more than I ever expected. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she would change my life, and she did. She gave me the chance to be a mother to her son. She never gave up on me, even when I had doubts about myself. She loves every part of me, even the ugliest. I would be stupid to let her go. I've already talked to Tony, Pepper, and Morgan. All that's left is to ask for your blessing. So, what do you say? May I marry your best friend?" Lena poured her heart out.