Chapter 7

Earth-38

Year: 2020 (3 months later)

Three months had passed since your talk with Alex, and it's safe to say that you've never been this close to the older Danvers before, and you're thankful for it.

Not long after, you started regularly getting invited to the Superfriends' weekly game nights. Lena would often team up with you, causing Alex and Kara to complain as the two of you dominated the whole night, no matter how hard the Danvers sisters tried to cheat their way to victory.

Now that you're five months pregnant, either Lena, one of the Danvers sisters, or Nia would often stay with you. None of your friends liked the idea of you being alone in your apartment, and they would constantly fuss over you, especially Lena, even though you insisted that you could take care of yourself.

The young Luthor even went out of her way to hire a personal driver for you, ensuring that you made it to L-Corp safe and sound when she couldn't be there with you. Since Lena wouldn't take 'no' for an answer, you eventually accepted her offer. After all, if it made Lena happy to keep you safe, you were more than willing to accommodate her requests, no matter how ridiculous they seemed.

----------

Walking into the lab, you spot Lena going through the checklist for the prototype. After learning about your initial plan, the older woman was determined to help you create the device, knowing that it would benefit not just National City, but the entire world.

"Do you ever think about taking a break, even just for a few minutes, Luthor?"

Lena's serious CEO demeanor immediately changed to a bubbly one as soon as she heard your voice.

"I could say the same thing about you, Stark. I thought I told you to stay at home. There isn't much to do here at the lab anyway. All I have to do is check if our parts were delivered correctly."

Lena explained, defending herself for not taking breaks.

"Well, now I really can't leave the lab if it's you who has to check all the parts."

You teased, earning a laugh from the older woman beside you.

"Fine, you can help me, but once we're finished, you and I are going straight back to your apartment to eat and maybe watch a few movies. Deal?"

Lena asked, clearly amused by your attempt to tease her.

"Fine by me. I also have a couple of inventions that I'd like to run by you. One of them involves a pair of glasses supported by my A.I., and I would love it if you would test it out."

You said, hoping that Lena would agree to the test run.

"Why glasses of all things?"

Lena asked out of curiosity and genuine interest.

Her question caught you off guard. To be honest, A.I. glasses weren't new to you. In fact, your dad had a pair. But you couldn't help but consider creating your own version of A.I. glasses, solely because they would look good on Lena, not to mention make her even more attractive.

"Um, I just... thought they would look good on you."

You stuttered, earning another laugh from the young Luthor. Shyness began to take over as you practically admitted to Lena that you wanted to create the A.I. glasses because she would look ten times more attractive to you.

"Fine, it's a date then."

Lena flirted, gaining a boost of confidence after realizing the strong effect she had on you.

Once again, you felt it—the butterflies erupting in your stomach. You didn't know if Lena was serious with her statement, but you would take it any day as long as you were together.

"It's a date."

----------

"You better not order kale this time, Lee," you say to your friend as you watch her scroll through her phone to look for takeout options.

"I think you forget that you're with child, Y/N," Lena replies, her protective nature resurfacing at the thought of taking care of you and your child.

"Come on, Lee. Just for tonight, no kale. You can order anything else you want, just not something with kale," you plead, scooting closer to her so you can face her and show your best pout, knowing she couldn't resist.

Without even looking at you, Lena knows that you're already sporting your adorable pout. Laughing at your silly antics, Lena shakes her head, finally giving in to your pleas.

"Fine, fine. But just this once. We want your baby to be healthy, and I'm going to make sure of that, even if I have to tie you down on a chair and force you to eat a lot of healthy foods," Lena says, admiring your victory dance.

"Tie me down on a chair? I didn't know you were this kinky, Ms. Luthor," you say, smirking at the now blushing Luthor, taking this opportunity to get back at her for making you feel flustered earlier in the lab.

"I- I am not kinky!" Lena argues, defending herself but failing miserably.

Knowing that you already have the older woman trapped in your little game, you continue to tease her.

"Oh yeah? But your words betray you, Lena. So what do you have to say for yourself, hmm?" you ask, sitting uncomfortably close to the young Luthor.

Unable to turn her attention away from you, Lena stares in awe at how beautiful you really are.

Like two silent lovers staring into each other's eyes, both you and Lena unconsciously lean in towards each other. You can feel her warm breath carefully caressing your soft lips. Lena's eyes slowly drift down towards your lips as she licks her own, longing to claim the very lips of the person she's desired since the first day she laid her eyes on them.

Just as Lena starts leaning towards you, eager to claim your lips, a loud crashing sound is heard outside your apartment, startling both of you. Clumsily moving away while trying to hide the deep red tint forming on your cheeks, you clear your throat, attempting to dispel the awkwardness.

"We should check that out," you awkwardly say, still refusing to believe that you almost kissed Lena.

Nodding and offering a calm smile to you, the raven-haired girl, you both hastily walk towards the door to check if anyone is in trouble.

As you open the door, you are shocked by the sight before you. You can't believe what you're seeing.

You are brought out of your shocked trance when you are engulfed in a tight hug by two pairs of arms that you never thought you'd see again in just a few short months.

"Dad, Wanda."

----------