Chapter 12

TW: Cursing, mentions of abortion and killing.

----------

Earth-199999

Year: 2021

"I can't believe it. You guys are here! Are you staying for good?" Sam cheered and asked.

"Of course we're here. My best friend is getting married, but no, Lena and I won't be staying for long, maybe just for a few months or so," you explained to everyone, not just Sam.

"But just for a few months?!" Bucky exclaimed this time.

"Well yeah, Lena and I have jobs back in National City. My girlfriend can't possibly abandon her company. Lena and I have been talking, and while I help her at the lab, I will also be assisting the DEO and the Superfriends with all the chaos on Earth-38," you further explained, and everyone nodded understandingly.

"Okay then, your old room is ready; your parents put Morgan's old crib in there for River," Steve happily explained, and you thanked him.

"Speaking of mom and dad, where are they? I missed them, and they're not even here to greet their oldest daughter and grandson," you pouted. Lena smiled at your cute reaction. She knew where your parents were, thanks to Wanda, who had shared the details of their little surprise for you.

"Don't worry, darling, they just went to finish some last-minute arrangements for your homecoming. You'll see Tony and Pepper soon," Lena explained.

"You know where they are?"

"Well, of course, Wanda told me before we left home," you complained, trying to get Wanda to reveal your parents' whereabouts. You knew you couldn't persuade Lena to tell you, especially when it involved surprising you.

"My lips are sealed," Wanda said, dragging her fiancé out of the room before you could persuade her any longer.

"Anyone?!" you asked the rest of the Avengers, but they all dispersed to do their own thing, leaving the common room empty except for Thor, who was staring at the cooing baby in your arms.

"Thor?" you asked him, trying to get him to tell you about your parents. To no avail, the God of Thunder only stepped closer to you, ignoring you, and reached out to carry your son himself.

"Hi there, little Midgardian. I'm your Uncle Thor, and I'm going to tell you all about the mighty thunder and my hammer, Mjolnir. Oh, you'll love it. I know it! Let's get out of here and leave your mommas alone for a while. Would you like that?" Thor said, talking to the baby and completely ignoring both you and Lena. Before you could react, Thor had left the room with tiny River in his arms.

"I can't believe it. He ignored me... Me, Lena!" you complained to your girlfriend once again.

"Honey, relax. You know Thor has a soft spot for our son," Lena reassured you, placing her hands on both sides of your arms.

Both you and Lena seemed to have forgotten that Natasha was still in the back of the room, silently watching everything.

The former assassin felt her heart break after hearing Lena refer to River as her son, realizing that you had found someone else to love while she herself was still madly in love with you.

She watched as you and Lena happily left the common room, chuckling and giggling together, completely unaware of Natasha's presence or her feelings.

Natasha knew she had made a mistake, but she also knew that she had every right to know her son as well, and she wasn't going to give up until she won you back and had her family back together again.