Chapter 3

TW: Mentions of torture.

----------

The three of you were interrupted by a soft knock on the glass door. Pulling your attention away from the two women in front of you, you looked back to see a raven-haired woman dressed in a three-piece suit and heels standing outside the room, holding a seemingly important device in her hand.

Alex headed towards the door to open it while Supergirl stayed in her place, smiling at the new girl in the room.

"Lena, what brings you here?" Supergirl asked. Judging by her tone of voice, they seemed to be close friends. You concluded from your observation.

"I'm finally finished with the anti-kryptonite suit. I just wanted you to know that it's very vital for you to wear it every time you go out patrolling around the city," Lena said. You were instantly captivated by the girl's beauty, but you were even more surprised by the melodic sound of her voice.

"That's great! Thanks, Lee. Is it okay if I try it on later? I was hoping Y/n here could show Alex and me the portal device that she invented," Supergirl said, introducing you to her friend. The sound of your unborn child's heartbeat had helped build their trust in you.

"Y/n here is from Earth-199999. According to her, there is a multiverse out there, and our Earth is called Earth-38," Alex explained to Lena.

"Well, that's fascinating," Lena said, finally turning towards you for the first time. The room suddenly felt hot around you. You hadn't realized how intimidating Lena could be until she focused all her attention on you.

"Yeah. I can show you guys how it works right now. I can also show you proof that my story wasn't a lie. I know Director Alex here is still a bit hesitant around me," you said, using a neutral tone, still undecided on how to react towards Lena.

"Please, Alex is fine. No need to address me as Director or something. And yes, I would really appreciate the proof of your story," Alex said, kindly thanking you for your cooperation.

"Now that we're on the stage of introduction, my name's Kara, Kara Danvers. Supergirl is too formal for us to use right now, and my friend here is Lena Luthor. She's also a scientist just like you," Kara happily said.

You smiled at Lena and nodded, extending your hand for her to shake.

"Nice to meet you too, Y/n," Lena replied, walking towards you to shake your hand.

You had never noticed how green Lena's eyes were until she stood face to face with you. Electricity seemed to run through your veins as she shook your hand. Politely smiling at the green-eyed beauty, you let go of her hands, clearing your throat in the process.

"Okay, here we go," you began, taking out your device and activating it, causing a holographic screen to appear, showing an image of the galaxy.

"These bright stars right here are the thousands of universes that exist beyond this Earth," you explained, looking at the three women with curiosity in their eyes. Touching the holographic screen, you directed the imaging towards your home Earth.

"This is Earth-199999, my home Earth," you further explained. Touching the holographic screen again, you directed the imaging towards Earth-38.

"And this... is Earth-38, the very Earth that we are in right now," you said, finishing the first part of your show and tell.

"To use the device, you need to insert your current coordinates, the planet where you want to jump into, and the location on that planet where you want to land," you continued, typing a series of coordinates on the holographic screen. Then you pressed the activate button, and a portal opened behind you.