Chapter 21

----------

You couldn't face Nat, not after your crazy outburst. Heading out from the clearing, you couldn't believe how real your dream was. It was something you'd never imagined experiencing and you feel foolish for the way you acted. Instead of heading back to the compound, you started walking towards the buzzing city of New York while slowly regaining your memories from yesterday.

It was your 3rd year anniversary with Natasha, and she took you to your favourite restaurant where she proposed and you said yes. Both of you went home to the rest of the Avengers throwing a party for your engagement. You were happy with your family and with Natasha and all because of a stupid dream, you almost ruined it.

You heard your phone ringing in your back pocket as you continue your walk down the busy streets. Opening it, you saw your mother's name on the screen. Sighing to yourself you don't know if you could ever face anyone of them, at least for now.

Against your better judgement you decided to answer the call, but with the lack of bravery, you could only wait for your mother to speak on the other end of the call.

"Honey..."

She started.

"You need to come home now, everyone is worried about you."

Your mother couldn't hear anything at your end except for the faint noise of busy streets. Knowing that you still couldn't get yourself to talk after hurting your fiancé, your mother tried to convince you to come home once again.

You listened to your mother's voice, filled with concern and love, as she urged you to come home. The weight of your actions and the fear of facing Natasha and the rest of your family pressed heavily on your chest. But deep down, you knew you couldn't hide forever. Taking a deep breath, you found the strength to respond, albeit with a shaky voice.

"Mom, I... I don't know if I can face them right now. I messed up so badly. I hurt Nat, and I hurt everyone with my accusations. I don't even know what's real anymore. It felt so real."

Your voice cracked with a mix of regret and confusion. The sounds of the bustling city faded into the background as you poured out your feelings to your mother.

"I understand, sweetheart," she replied, her voice full of empathy. "But running away won't make things better. Your family loves you, and they want to help you through this. We all make mistakes, and it's important to face them, learn from them, and find a way to make amends."

Tears welled up in your eyes, realizing the truth in your mother's words. Deep down, you knew she was right. You couldn't let fear and doubt dictate your actions. It was time to confront your mistakes and seek forgiveness.

"I'll come home, Mom," you said, determination creeping into your voice. "I need to make things right. I need to apologize to Natasha and everyone else."

A sense of relief washed over you as you made the decision to return. You hailed a taxi, giving the driver the address of the Avengers' compound. As the city streets passed by, you replayed the events in your mind, searching for clarity and understanding.

----------

As you returned home to the compound, familiar faces greeted you with a mix of concern and relief. However, Natasha stood apart from the group, her eyes red from tears. Your heart sank at the sight of her pain, and you knew you had to explain everything—the dream that had shaken you to the core and the thoughts that had consumed your mind.

Gathering everyone in a quiet room, you began to apologize profusely, your voice filled with remorse. "I'm so sorry for my outburst earlier," you said, your voice trembling. "I need to explain what I saw in my dream. It felt so real, and I want you all to understand."

Natasha's eyes were filled with concern as she nodded, encouraging you to continue. Taking a deep breath, you recounted the vivid details of your dream, your voice quivering with emotion.

Your voice trembled as you explained, "In my dream, you accidentally got me pregnant. And when I found out, you demanded that I terminate the pregnancy because you weren't ready to be a parent yet. It was heartbreaking for me, but I made the decision to keep our child."

Silence hung in the room as the weight of your words sank in. Tears welled up in your eyes, mirroring the pain you had felt in the dream.

"I felt so hurt and rejected," you whispered, your voice choked with emotion. "I couldn't bear the thought of losing you, but I couldn't fathom aborting our child either. In that moment of desperation, I created a device that could transport me to another universe, hoping to escape the pain and heartbreak."

As you spoke, the room remained silent, the gravity of your words permeating the air.

"In that alternate universe, I met Lena," you continued, your voice filled with a mix of sadness and hope. "She was kind, compassionate, and she helped me heal alongside her friends. Lena made me believe in love again, and our connection grew into something beautiful. She knew about the pregnancy, and she offered her support, willing to help me raise our child."

Tears streamed down your face as you shared the unexpected turn your dream had taken. "After our son, River, was born, Natasha and I worked through our differences and became friends again. I was then taken by Hydra once again in my dream. I was brainwashed just like what happened to Bucky but the team managed to get me back. I lost all of my memories about Lena and my son in my dream but Melina created an antidote to chemical subjugation. After I was finally cured, Lena asked me to marry her," you confessed, your voice barely above a whisper.

As you finished recounting the events of your dream, the room fell into a profound silence. The expressions on their faces ranged from shock to empathy, each person trying to process the complexity of your emotions.

Natasha took a deep breath, her eyes filled with a mix of sadness, hurt and determination. Breaking the stillness, she stepped forward, her voice unwavering yet gentle.

"Detka, I can't even begin to express how devastated I am that you experienced such pain in your dream," Natasha spoke, her voice filled with sincerity. "It breaks my heart to think that you believed I would ever ask you to make such a difficult choice. You are the love of my life, and the idea of building a family with you is a dream come true for me."

Her words resonated through the room, bringing a sense of comfort amidst the lingering pain. Natasha reached out and gently cupped your face, her touch warm and reassuring.

"Moya lyubov, I want you to know that my love for you is unwavering," she continued, her voice filled with conviction. "If we were ever blessed a child, I would cherish that child with all my heart, just as I cherish you."

A wave of emotion washed over you as Natasha's words wrapped around your heart. The doubts and fears that had consumed you in your dream began to dissipate, replaced by the unwavering love and devotion reflected in Natasha's eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Tasha," you whispered, tears streaming down your face. "It all felt so real. I don't know what's the truth anymore. I think something's wrong with me. I'm sorry if the dream clouded my judgment and doubt the love we share. I should have known better, and I'm so grateful to have you in my life."

Natasha's expression softened, and she pulled you into a tender embrace, wrapping her arms around you tightly. "I understand, malysh," she whispered, her voice filled with understanding. "I know you're confused right now I can see it in your eyes, but you don't have to fear anything. Whatever you think is wrong with you, will figure it out together."

The room seemed to hold its breath, witnessing the profound connection between the two of you. The love and support radiating from your loved ones enveloped you both, reaffirming the unbreakable bond you shared.

----------