Prologue

It has been seven months since I fell through the void and landed in this isekai.

What have I achieved?

On the basis of what I did, it was simple to answer that question. I defeated an invading army and became the champion of the weakest city on the continent, and now I'm on my way to where lots of people like me are to train.

If what I achieved was easy, what do I want to achieve in this world? I really don't know.

I never gave it much thought, since many things happened and honestly, I was kinda roped to where I am currently by luck and many other factors.

To be honest, I just want to see my REDACTED friend, REDACTED again. I don't know what to do to find her though. I reincarnated, and it's not like I want her to die as well.

I probably would know what to do if she was here.

But she isn't.

So maybe it's just better to focus on my own goals for now.

In the midst of my thoughts, a phrase pops back to remind me of something I heard long ago.

Right, Homekami?

Homekami? I'm not him anymore. I... like to forget about the past. Some things deserve to be forgotten, even if they bear the true truths of the world.

I'm Roy now. Always has been for 6 long years.

I sit up from my bed to go to the control room to check our route, and one phrase comes to mind.

I just wonder, wonder if I could...

******************************************************************

Meanwhile... a few dozen kilometers from Roy's position...

"Captain Azura, are we there yet?" A disgruntled voice came from behind the pale white girl, her fake electric ears twitching from annoyance.

"Monlet, in one minute we will be in the Numero region. Can't you have a little bit of patience?" Azura snarled back in annoyance, and Monlet dipped his head in apology.

"Yes. I understand." Monlet sighed and did not say another word after this.

Azura needed the quiet atmosphere to think. About who? Her new target.

His familiar aura has something off about it. She wasn't sure if it was déjà vu or something similar to that, but she needed to find out.

When she woke up as the daughter of an aristocrat, Azura had no idea what was going on. The only one who knows of this is her brother Topaz, who has done a good job to keep the secret even now.

She activated her skill,《Past Providence》, and began diving into her memories of her past life.

Nothing, nothing, nothing.

She had been searching for hours now, even after they arrived in the Numero region. Some of her comrades had begun to cast worried gazes at her, but she ignored them. They don't know how important this is to her.

At the last possible moment, just as her manaki was about to dip into the danger zone, a name shoved itself into her head.

"Homekami..." she muttered, and a jolt woke her to the real world. More memories came fluttering back, but some have meanings that she had already forgotten.

That person is important. Azura was sure of that now.

Before I kill him... he needs to give me the answers that I need. Or maybe he is too important to kill? That is to be determined.

With a new goal forming in her head, Azura approached the Grassland of Heaven, and began the trek towards the Felric Mountain Range, where Roy Excindo would come through days later.