Sector YonJuNi: Rising Star

I stepped into an arena full of people, excited for the new match while also praying that I don't get killed by Cornas. Apparently, he has forced everyone here to obey him while the S-Class adventurers are on a coastal mission.

Sigh... I guess I have to tidy up this place before the S-Classes get back to leave a good impression. So, best to win this battle and go all out.

Cornas smiled at me as he took out a giant longsword, and snickered at me while he towered over me like a giant.

"You know, it's not too late to back out and apologize, punk." Cornas said as I returned his glare.

"I could say the same to you. Don't cry if you lose, okay?"

"You little-"

He charged at me at a high speed despite being quite gigantic in size, but I easily evaded his attacks using 《Prediction》, and decided to activate 《Barrier Manipulation》while I'm at it.

The second time he swung his sword, it was blocked by my pinkish barrier that quickly changed form and binded to his greatsword, and crushed it using the pressure it formed.

Scared, Cornas formed a sturdy rock broadsword using earth magic, and charged towards me again.

If you want a magic weapon fight, that's fine with me! I thought as I pulled out Umbra-Electra and clashed with the rock sword, air spewing out from the force of our attacks.

"Not bad!" I said as I jumped back, and used my newly comprehended shadow magic to move around more quickly and efficiently.

As I popped out in his blind spot, I started to concentrate lightning in the palm of my hand as I condensed it further, increasing its temperature while I'm at it.

Lightning is like fire, it's color depending on its temperature and damage output. Fire can go from red to orange, orange to yellow, yellow to blue, blue then to white, with it eventually turning to black-white due to the gravitational collapse of its power. The color is the waves emitted by the flame itself, and lightning behaves the same. Although normal lightning is yellow, I can overheat my lightning to purple. That's my maximum output.

"Murasaki Inazuma!"

The moment I yelled the spell, heaven's wrath descended upon Cornas, and he screamed like a girl while being electrocuted. The purple lightning continued to strike him like a thousand spears as he yelled in agony, and the crowd watched in shock as the person they feared was being defeated in front of their eyes.

I eventually released the spell, but not before taking out my second trump card: Umbra-Electra's evolved form.

"Activate Phase 2, Million Shards."

"Okay, Master Roy, shifting sword form!" Vivumo said as it transformed into it's seemingly cracked form, and Cornas laughed, even in his pitiful state.

"How are you going to fight me with a broken sword? Ridiculous!" He yelled as he lunged for me.

As he advanced, I split the shards into a giant, long blade, and somersaulted as I slashed down into the ground, leaving a giant cut from one side of the arena to another, where a split in the ground formed.

"Rotary Slash."

Cornas leaped away from my lethal attack, but just barely. Desperate to win, he dashed towards me like a boar in a frenzy before realizing he had stepped into my trap.

Right after using Rotary Slash, I distributed the shards of Umbra-Electra to form a hemisphere, with all their sharp ends pointing inwards. And now that Cornas had stepped into the shards' territory, their spell was unleashed.

"Maiden Puncture."

The shards thrusted themselves inward to embed their ends into Cornas, who fell to the ground, unconscious since the shards pierced many near-lethal pressure points. I returned the shards of the blade of my sword, reversed its form, and tucked it in my dimensional storage.

The crowd is still frozen in shock of what just happened, and their brains are slowly trying to comprehend what had just taken place. Once they realized the tyrant they feared was taken down, they cheered as I conjured up a barrier jail and stuffed Cornas in it.

The crowd then cheered at my victory as I suddenly felt an ominous presence, and before long, I realized my barrier cage was destroyed.

What? Someone destroyed... my barrier?

A skinny man in a cape landed next to Cornas, and checked his pulse as if he was a doctor. The whole arena went silent as he looked at me, and I recognized his features from a lesson that Hikobi gave me.

In the VILUM rank that the goddess of creation, Vitalumina, made thousands of years ago, humans were ranked 24th. Beastmen were a rank higher than humans, while Spirits fit into the 21st rank. Elves and Dwarves take the ranks 19th and 20th respectively. However, there was a mysterious race that was rarely seen, mostly described only in stories. That was...

"I didn't expect this. A VILUM rank 22, Psylokia."