Sector YonJuHachi: Rivals

"If you're going all out, I suppose I shall too." Azura responded, suddenly calm again, as she suddenly allowed an icy frost to spread across her Kladonnas, and a mist erupted from it, clouding the sky.

I definitely did not expect more tricks from Azura to turn the tide in her favor, but that was my big mistake. Her spatial movement has increased in level due to our battle, and she might be able to figure out the basis of Dimensional Magic, and then I would not stand a single chance.

Which was exactly why... I released the seal on Crevasse Chasm I. Black smoke began to seep out from the sword, and I dared not to even touch it myself, as raw Abyss Magic is harmful to the body in its corruptive nature.

"I'll finish this quickly." I muttered to myself as I readied my swords, and charged towards Azura one last time.

My Umbra-Electra met her Kladonnas before shattering on my command, and I then swiped Crevasse Chasm I towards the blades, activating the skill 《Absolute Severance》along with the slash. The tremendous force clashed as it managed to make a dent in the clarandatite. The ocean-blue metal suddenly gleamed bright as I suddenly noticed the cold air forming around me.

Shit!

I was too late when I realized it, but she purposely held the Kladonnas up against my sword so that she could set down a magic circle around me. Ice magic surged forth from the ground, immobilizing me as I tried to slash forth with my swords.

I froze, but I left my swords exposed, and I immediately tightened my grip around them as I realized that Azura planned to take the swords.

"The broken sword is not worth it." I heard her say. Does she think that I couldn't hear her?

"That sword... however, it seems like it might fetch a good price." Azura said as she yanked Crevasse Chasm out of my grip, before putting it in a small dimensional storage for a single item, and proceeded to leave.

"No... you will not get away with MY SWORD!" I yelled as I activated Shadow Teleport inside the ice and I came out of the cold block, and slashed down with Umbra-Electra, only to be blocked by her Kladonnas, and she forced me back after a push, but not before I snuck out a few shards from the blade and used them to retrieve my sword with the dimensional ring.

"It seems that you are the first man with enough strength to be worthy of being my rival." Azura said as she readied her daggers, and posed a battle stance as I activated the Cold Resistance skill I embraced the ice.

"I could say the same, Ms. Bleak." I replied as I also readied Umbra-Electra as I prepared to dash forward.

However, she suddenly did something I did not expect. She threw her Kladonnas at me, who is basically out of manaki for defense. I panicked, and immediately made Umbra-Electra make a shield in front of me as I did not have any manaki left for a teleportation. I held the shield against the two daggers as they tried to penetrate the shards of barriers, but it was no use. Not even the strongest material can pierce one of the most condensed forms of pure manaki.

That is, if Azura didn't have her Unique skill, 《Manaki Severance》.

The moment I saw Azura bring up her hand and performed that hand sign, I knew I was doomed. My Umbra-Electra shattered as the shards turned to dust and sprinkled across the stone ground. The Kladonnas, with nothing stopping them, pierced straight through my right arm and my left waist.

Dang it! I coughed out blood as I immediately summoned one of my emergency Indigo potions, but Azura kicked it out of my hand before I could ingest it, and knocked my body against the floor. Without any choice left, I decided to use the last of my skills, one that appeared out of nowhere, perfect situations like this. An original skill developed from my experiences: the skill known as 《Excindo Growth》.

I activated it as my manaki cap increased, bringing in 100000 manaki. Although it's not much, it's all I needed as I told Vivumo to inject an Indigo potion into my body, and managed to stand up as my body slowly healed.

"You really are a monster of a human, Roy Excindo." Azura remarked as she glared at me more before jumping off the mountain with a glider, and disappeared into the night.

"Too... exhausted..." I fell as I took a step forward, and drifted into deep sleep on the stone. The last thing I remember was a girl in a school uniform approaching as my eyes closed.