Sector YonJuYon: Wyvern of the Legends

After the duel in the arena, I signed Elisia back up into the Twinprint Guild and bought her a new house, since it was only 700000 Argents. The house had a nice interior decoration plan despite being quite cheap.

I then left her to her own devices while I decided to take a night walk. Or rather, attract some guests I detected earlier.

"My god, come out now, have you not learned how to control your aura yet? It's leaking out all over the place, and you're going to scare away all the people." I said in the direction of a roof, and a person in a disguise jumped down straight after, and his aura dissipated.

"Water Fissure Bullet."

Three drops of water came rushing towards me, which I dodged quickly using the passive skill 《Evasion》, before I realized they came straight back at me.

They're HOMING?

I quickly stretched out my hands and generated barriers to stop the bullets in their path before shooting a Barral Bullet at the hooded guy, but he changed its directions using a katana.

He then charged at me with his sword and slashed at me, but not before I took out Umbra-Electra and blocked it in Phase 1. I then activated Phase 2 as the blade split into a million tiny shards, and I decided to perform a Rotary Slash at him, but unexpectedly, I realized my blades froze.

They weren't really frozen, but they were stuck in mid-air as I realized they were trapped in bubbles of water.

"Water? Well, that's new. But as soon as I see a flaw in my own moves, I counter against the counter-attack!" I declared as I returned the shards to my blade, before splitting them off again to form a giant spear.

"Phase 2- Lance of Judgement."

The spear zoomed through the air as it soared towards him, only to be trapped in a giant sphere of water again. However, this time, I will not fall for the same trick again. I immediately activated the intermediate magic spell Deep Freeze on the sphere, and it froze to a blue ball.

Following the instant it froze, the spear shot through the shattered ice, and went straight for him before he conjured a water barrier and blocked it, shattering back into shards again before I returned them to my blade and shut off Phase 2.

"May I ask why an S-Class adventurer is trying to attack me in the middle of the night? It's really rude, you know?" I said as the guy finally took off his mask and hood as another familiar face shocked me.

"Wait... the guy from the rental girlfriend anime? Kazuya Kinoshita, am I correct?"

"Wait- you know about that- how... hold up, don't tell anyone about that or else-"

"Calm down, buddy." I said as I put a hand on his shoulder. "I've been looking for people like you, and I'll appreciate it if you come with me while I explain everything, okay?"

Kazuya gave me a suspicious look before deciding to trust me and nodded. And thus began another long explanation.

******************************************************************

"Wow..." Kazuya said as he listened to my stories. "Never knew there was such an adventure going back on the west side of this continent. I miss the girls from my world, too. I wish I could be back, but somehow I feel I have responsibility in this world now."

I sighed as I patted him on the shoulder for empathy. I wanted to go back, too. To find... that person... once again.

"Anyways... sad stuff aside! What did you need me for?"

Kazuya suddenly snapped his head up as he remembered his original purpose. "Ah, yes. We, the Twinprint Guild of Adventure and Exploration would like to request a great favour from you, as it benefits everyone on this continent."

"How so? Everyone on the continent?" I asked, skeptical.

"Have you ever heard of the Ocean Wyvern? It was a legend passed down in Twinprint. Eons ago, the Ocean Wyvern attacked Argentum-Slimona and decided to destroy it completely. Legends say another giant beast awoke and crushed it into the ocean floor, sealing it for an eternity. And the thing is, we believe that it is showing signs of resurrection and reawakening lately." Kazuya said as he shivered, and looked out towards the Twinprint Islands, where the actual Archipelago resided.

"What signs? Earthquakes?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No. His minions. Large amounts of sea wyrms and ocean lindwurms have been active recently at the ocean surface, when they should be only on the ocean floor. We believe that they're preparing an area for their master when it wakes up." Kazuya reported with detail, and I looked inside my sleeve.

"Hikobi, were you listening?" I said as my Amphiptere in his Chibi form wiggled out and yawned before answering.

"Yes, Roy. The wyvern he speaks of is the one that my- ahem, a general of the True Dragon race cast out from our sacred land after committing several grave crimes. She ended up here and fought with the guardian of this continent before losing to it, and was sealed under the ocean floor. As for its name... it's La Divupala."