Intermission Sector Un

******************************************************************

King's Palace, Ryugon

Sato Ryu has always been a diligent princess.

As the fifth princess of Ryugon, she has to prove that she's a better candidate than the third princess, who sits and lays around all day. She also has to set an example to her sisters, the sixth and eighth princesses.

She always worked a little overtime to try to loosen the loads on her assistants and her family members, but never in her life has anyone complimented her work yet.

Yet.

She always thought that: I'll work hard and I can have a better position, a better life! And when that reward or promotion did not come, she just thought she had to work harder.

This continued for a decade and several years.

Now, she was tasked with gathering adventurers, knights, or bounty hunters to wipe out the giant thief city in the south of the Central Region, and she had no idea how to do it.

Their military strategists are out for the time being, and the adventurers are just too inexperienced for strategizing. Her knights aren't much of a help either, though they did give some tips on attacking, from their experience with previous strategists. The bounty hunters are just here for money, and if you request too much, they'll eventually go away.

WHAT A CRUEL WORLD INDEED.

For the past six months, that's what she has been thinking besides figuring out a solution.

Then, one miraculous day came, and one of the scouts reported that the city had been demolished.

"How?" She asked while feeling a wave of relief. The scout gave her a look that said, "It's very weird."

"Well, for starters, we have no idea who did it." The scout informed her as he continued. "All the houses have been torn down, and all the furniture or any personal belongings have been taken. Could there have been a bigger thief group that took them out?"

"No way, they're the biggest one there is, on the entire Argentum-Slimona. I'm sure of it. However..."

"However, what, your highness?" The scout inquired.

"Have you heard of a recent devil attack on the city of starters, Chlorophyllum?" Sato asked her scout.

"I think so. The ancient force was wiped out by the strongest four of the city, right? The ones they call the Four Transcendents."

"Which was only the cover he needed to move on." Sato said as she remembered the adventurer who hit her foolish seventh brother. He gave off an aura more intimidating than any of the Transcendents.

"Who's the 'he' you speak of, your highness?" Her scout asked.

"You'll know when he comes here, to Ryugon. It won't be long before he does. But just in case you are curious, he lives in a mobile fortress and is probably headed towards the Twinprint Archipelago."

"From Chlorophyllum to Twinprint..." The scout pondered as he reached where his princess' thoughts were. "So, you're suggesting he was the one who took care of it?"

"Probably... knowing him, he will want to give an impression to many people before he arrives in a place. And also, it was he who led the Four Transcendents and two others on their level to defeat the devil army that invaded Chlorophyllum. That is why the people of Chlorophyllum call him their champion."

"With that amount of power, he could very well match one of the Zodiacs..."

"No, he's not THAT strong yet. But he might be one day. The second rising star... I wonder how Azura Bleak will react to this."

******************************************************************

White Flash's Sanctum, Beneathworld Border

Azura was furious.

She lost. For the first time in her life before her noble family died.

"DAAAAAAMN IT!" Azura yelled as she crushed the cup of coffee in her hand. She didn't care about the pain when the hot coffee sprayed on her hands, it might even dull her frustration a little.

That stupid Roy Excindo, how dare he! First, taking out all my teammates like it's no big deal, almost overpowers me before being subdued by my Unique Skill, and then brings in 7 more monsters on the same level as me, including an Amphiptere, who the hell is this guy???!!

Ugh... and that was the first time I ever failed a mission! It just had to be with this bastard...

"DAMN YOU!" She threw her azure knife into the wall, scaring four secret listeners of her outrage running, who turned out to be her comrades.

As she pulled out the azure knife from the wooden wall, a memory that she did not want to remember popped into her mind.

It was when she was defeated by the efforts of his comrades, and her azure knife was blown to him. She was so angry but also a bit scared, since her knife was the strongest one on the continent.

However, he threw it back to her and said something like 'we'll see each other again anyways'. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS? What does he think this is? A freaking date?

UGH!

Well, if he wants a rematch, I'll give it to him, that sly bastard who thinks he's cool!

She pulled out her azure knife, and set off alone towards the Twinprint Archipelago.