Sector GoJuIchi: Into the Deep

I headed down to the port, where the S-Rank adventurers of Twinprint were waiting for me. Kazuya, Rikka, Kaguya, and the Sword Saint, Kamios were all there. I greeted them as I approached, and Kaguya gestured towards a bunch of devices that seemed to be diving pods.

"We'll be using those to get down to the ancient seal which contains the wyvern. Hopefully, we can either kill it before it wakes up or place some kind of trap so that it kills it the moment it wakes up." Kaguya said as she led us over to the pods. "The worst case scenario is if the Wyvern of the Sea manages to fully resurface, and begins to battle us."

"Can I do a little modification on your pods?" I asked as Kaguya shot me a gaze of suspicion. "They just... don't seem that stable, for deep-sea diving."

"The diving pods have been coated with Rikka's Ethereal Horizon; it should endure any attack or pressure from the outside. However, if you are talking about the general structure that's bad, are you saying that I-"

"Kaguya-san," Kazuya said as he put a hand on her shoulder. "There's no harm in letting Roy do a little change, right?"

"I agree. What could he do to our diving pods that are too 'strong', in your sense?" Kamios suddenly spoke up. And judging by his tone, he probably does not get along very well with Kaguya.

"Fine, fine..."

With Kaguya's permission, I activated 《Analyze》and《Chiseling》as I began to change the internal structure as I allowed the alloys inside to fuse better and merge together into a stronger substance, while I coated the inside controls with an extremely thin yet strong layer of barrier. I did the same with each pod before looking up again.

"There. It should be all upgraded now." I said to Kaguya, who came over and analyzed the structure of my newly improved diving pods.

"Wow... insane..." Kaguya said as she deactivated her skill, 《Scrutinizing Scan》, whose name I learned from Vivumo. "The durability of the pod has increased drastically, while the functions are the same and still running."

We then decided on the teams to go down. I went with Kaguya since she said it will be for the best, and Kazuya and Rikka make a great team. Kamios will be going with another S-Rank that I haven't seen yet, and apparently she was going to arrive... just about now.

"Heya, everyone!" A loud voice came overhead as the person landed on the ground with a loud thud. The girl lifted her giant (and I do mean giant) chainsaw off the floor as she slung it over her back, a post-apocalyptic look suddenly burning into my eyes. "Nanaka Jikanrai has arrived!"

Nanaka Jikanrai? That name sounds awfully Japanese to me... could she also be an Outerworlder? But I don't remember there was any figure that has any similarities to this person right here... maybe she's a descendant of a former Transported?

"Yo, you there..." Nanaka suddenly swerved her head and pinned her gaze at me, making me flinch slightly. "Why do I feel a suspicious gaze from you? Is it because of my name? My apologies, my great-grandfather came from a very, very far place, and he has a weird name, and it just went as the tradition in the family."

"Oh, no, don't be sorry. I have seen many similar cases, being one myself, so don't worry. I'm just thinking how your name sounded familiar for some reason, don't mind me, hehe..." I gave an awkward response as Vivumo mentally smacked me for my clumsiness.

"Ah... ok..." Nanaka said as she walked away to talk to Kamios, who suddenly went into 'shy mode'. Vivumo mentally 'looked' at me and gave me a glance as I nodded as well.

"You think, Master Roy, is Kamios..." Vivumo nudged me a little.

"Yes, I see what exactly is going on here. But we don't interfere at all. There's no need to." I replied before walking over to my pod, and that's the exact moment Hikobi decided to land on top of me in his full size, squashing me to the floor as I activated my barriers to keep my bones from being crushed.

"Was that really necessary, Hikobi?"

"Well, it was kinda fun since you didn't use the spikes to poke me."

"I would never hurt my own familiar. That's stupid." I replied as I looked up. "Have you completed the objective? I can't see what's up there."

"Yes... I'm here, Roy." A gentle voice replied as she jumped down from my amphiptere, her crystalline bow on her back. I wanted Elisia's help to evacuate the people of the archipelago to safety, and seeing that she's here, it seems that she succeeded.

"Thank you so much." I turned to Elisia as I gave her one of my personal creations, the Dimensional Rift Communicator. Imbued with my dimensional magic, the user can select a channel and establish a link with another communicator. Only five exist so far: Two on the tower of Babel, one with me, one with Elisia, and another that I plan to give to another place at another time.

"This is a Dimensional Rift Communicator." I said as Elisia scrutinized the device. "If you have any trouble, call me through the scrolling screen. Your code is R-0004, while mine is R-0001. Only use this in serious situations, as I don't have too much manaki stored in that thing. Well then, I suppose we shall be on our way. Elisia, go to the top of Mount Canopus, and join in only when necessary. Hikobi will be there to assist you." My amphiptere friend nodded as he took off with Elisia on him.

I entered our pod and took a deep breath.

"It's time to save this continent."