Sector GoJu: Coast of Torrents

While Kaguya gathered the S-Rank adventurers for combat, I sat at the top of Mount Canopus, a medium-high mountain erected between Aristera and Dexi, the two main islands that make up Twinprint Archipelago. A main question that now sits within my mind is how to fight La Divupala once he comes out of the sea, or worse yet, how we go to his seal to stop him from awakening.

I recently tried to do something that I imprinted from Asta, an Union skill that allowed one to fuse with their familiar to increase their power. However, the most that me and Hikobi can assimilate is me having Hikobi's claws and tail, making me a quarter of an Amphiptere for a short duration of three minutes. However, the innate skills Flight, Dragon Sight, and Sonic Zoom are all activated within those three minutes. Sadly, I still don't know when to use those skills. Guess I'll figure it out when I start fighting.

Now, aside from my familiar, let's look at my main attack units. Umbra-Electra is out of order now due to Azura's Manaki Severance. I swear, I'll have my payback. Crevasse Chasm I's seal is lifted, and I'll keep it in the scabbard until I need it, since slicing through dragon scales requires abyss magic. Next, we have a little poison and fire magic from Lodix, metal magic from Steelstan, Ice magic from my former sword, Deep Freeze, Dimensional magic, and the magic types of my swords.

Now that I think of it, I haven't been using a lot of physical skills such as leveling up my sword art or any punches or kicks. I mean, I'm not the most flexible person, but I still used to practice a lot of 'self-made' martial arts back on Earth. Those moves can be strengthened with magic, but could there be a potential way to make them strong without manaki.

While I dwelled on that thought, a sudden dread filled me as I looked back, and a portal opened in the middle of the sky, and a man in some kind of weird fusion of war paint and modern clothes came out of it.

I immediately brace myself for impact as I sensed his overwhelming aura, and for some reason Vivumo disappeared suddenly as soon as he arrived. Maybe because Vivumo was scared? Either way, this man is insanely dangerous. I immediately took Crevasse Chasm I out of my dimensional storage and activated its abyss magic barrier, creating a layer of thin and sharp energy to keep the man away from me.

"My, that's quite a hostile greeting I did not expect."

"What did you expect me to do?" I shouted back, scared. "Your aura is so intimidating that nobody would think that you are here to hold a conversation or anything of the sort."

"Oh, so that's it?" The man chuckled as he sealed his enormous aura instantly. "Sorry about that. Many people I meet are usually unfazed, but I guess you really are a new one to this world."

He knows I'm a reincarnation? Who is he? I can't remember him from any single anime or manga I've read...

"Who are you?" I cautiously asked. "What business do you have with me?"

"Well, I got bored, and I saw you were about to do something really interesting, so I came down to see what you're up to." The man said, chuckling again.

"Well, that's quite suspicious..."

"I suppose you know the VILUM list, human?"

"Yes, I do, but I don't remember anyone like you on there."

"Hahaha... well, it couldn't hurt to look up the list a little, you know what I mean?"

Up? Could he mean? I scanned through my mind as I remembered some of the stronger races. Gigants, Dragons, Elementals... no way... could he be?

"It seems like you found the answer." The man chuckled again as he took a slight bow. "My name is Opumakasa, War God of the God Sector 37."

God Sector? What's that?

"I think you have many questions for me right now, but now's not the time for a Q & A session. I think you're a bit doubtful in your abilities against the Wyvern of the Sea, aren't you?"

"I... kinda am." I answered awkwardly, not being able to lie at all. He's still a god, through and through.

"To be honest, all I wanna see is a good fight that could entertain me. And that wouldn't help if you just get wiped out right away, right?" Opumakasa said as he took out some kind of artifact, and tapped on it before facing the pot-like object at me.

"I want to help you out a little, so this pot will give out what could potentially balance two forces in a war." Opumakasa said as he laid the pot down before me. "However, you have to first protect yourself from a single punch of mine, is that okay?"

I didn't have any way to refuse, so I guess I just went for it. "Sure." I said, and he immediately appeared 6 feet in front of me as his fist reared back for a punch.

"Dimensional Crack!" I yelled as I willed the space around me to bend, but the punch broke the portal instead of going through it. All of my senses screamed DANGER as I quickly made an enhanced version of Ethereal Horizon by condensing the space in front of me.

Although it was not that effective, it still came close enough to stopping the War God's punch. I didn't expect it to break through, so I got sucker-punched right on and flew several hundred meters before stopping due to air friction. I immediately ingested an Indigo potion to repair the broken bones, and the healing process began.

"Amazing!" Opumakasa said as he applauded, teleporting him and me back to the mountain, and his pot glowed bright as I felt the same sensation of gaining a new skill: the helix ladders of my DNA refitting themselves to create something new, on another level.

"I hope you use the powers well, Roy Excindo. You are the first one to stop my punch in such creative ways, despite being slightly injured." Opumakasa said as he opened his crimson-laced portal again, and disappeared as if he was never here.

I immediately sat down in relief as he left, heartstrings buckling as I decided to check the new skills the pot gave me. Not even fear can contain my excitement and curiosity right now. I looked down at my skills, and a smile formed on my face.

Thank you, Opumakasa.

I will win this fight.

θα χρησιμοποιήσω αυτή η θεϊκή δύναμη καλά.