Sector YonJuGo: Chunibyo Into Facts

After that scary name reveal, Hikobi gave me and Kazuya a crash course of what happened at the battles. I can tell that he was redacting details, because there were unintentional stops, where it seemed like he knew something but decided not to say it due to, well, whatever reasons he had for that.

"Um, was your familiar a page of some ancient history book? He seems to know... a lot." Kazuya pointed at Hikobi before Hikobi snorted at him.

"Um, yeah, about that... he's an Amphiptere." I gestured to my familiar, who puffed out his chest in pride.

"Wait... an Amphiptere? The sight of one is already rare enough, yet you managed to tame him?"

"Tame him? No, we just kinda became friends and formed a familiar contract, it works both ways, I think."

"Ah... well, that is overwhelming..." Kazuya said as he sat down, and tried to process it again. Just as I was about to wave goodbye and leave, I bumped into hard air and got bounced back.

"Huh? A barrier... but it's invisible?" I touched the thing again, yet it did not give any sign of danger. Next, I tried punching it, only to feel the pain come back twinfold. "What is this stuff?"

"She's playing pranks again..." Kazuya sighed as he started shouting to a tower on our right. "Eyepatch Wiz! I know you're there!"

"Don't call me that name the stupid peasants gave me! My name is Wielder of the Tyrant's Eye! I'm going to call you Water Boy if you continue to disrespect me like this!"

"Fine, you Chuuni." Kazuya sighed before I finally finished the analysis of the barrier she created.

"Wait, Takanashi Rikka?" I turned around after hearing the familiar Chuuni title before disabling the barrier. It was nothing more than just using manaki to compress and condense space into a thin layer. Tricky for even scholars in Argentum, but not a problem for Dimensional-Magic wielders like myself.

"Huh? MY ETHEREAL HORIZON WAS DISABLED? Hey, who are you, and how did you do that?" Rikka shouted before descending gracefully onto the floor in front of me and Kazuya.

"Well, I'm a Dimensional Magic user as well, so it was quite easy to figure out how to dismantle your spell." I replied as she continued to gape. However, most of my knowledge and power comes from Vivumo, after all.

"Anyways..." Rikka said as she turned her eye back onto Kazuya. "Why did you call me here, you Hydro Soldier? I was in the middle of defeating a great evil!"

"You mean, as in defeating robbers in the dark alleys? Some great evil." Kazuya snorted at Rikka's boasting, before answering. "Ms. Strategist said it would be a good idea to bring you along this time, since it's an emergency situation."

"Emergency? What level?" Rikka asked as she sat on an Ethereal chair, created from her Dimensional Magic.

"Rank 8." Kazuya replied grimly, while I struggled to figure out what it meant.

"Wait, catastrophic? That level was the first unseen level since the incident a few millennia ago! Unless you mean... it's reawakening?"

"You catch on quick." Kazuya said as he pointed towards the Archipelago. "Over there, many Hydro monsters are being seen more and more, leading to the fact that we don't even have time to deal with our normal matters. Especially the Hydro wyrms, who are of a high ranking..."

"I think I can take care of that." Hikobi said as he yawned, suddenly popping into the conversation.

"Huh? How, Hikobi? Can you elaborate?" I asked in a straightforward manner.

"Well, I am an Amphiptere, aren't I? Even if La Divupala is a wyvern, she isn't awake right now, which means that I'm still the highest order of the dragons right now. And dragons always bow down to the higher order." Hikobi answered confidently.

"An Amphiptere?" Rikka squealed as she suddenly took Hikobi out of my arms and hugged it as I saw Hikobi struggle to get back to me. "I always wanted one!"

"Roy! Get...me back there, right now!" Hikobi squealed before I gave him a funny glance, and left immediately by shadow teleporting.

"Um, so..." Kazuya said to Rikka in a confirming tone. "You'll take care of him, right?"

"Roy! I swear, if you don't come back right now I'm not going to help you with the wyrms-"

**************************************

So, it's morning in Twinprint. In case you didn't know, a day here is split into forty-eight hours, since the planet is huge and it's self-rotational speed is slow, I guess.

I rolled to my left as I faced a very angry Amphiptere, who bared his fangs at me in a roar.

"Hiya, Hikobi, was sleeping with a Chuuni fun?" I asked teasingly.

"YOU WILL SUFFER MY WRATH-"

"Hey, wait!" I yelled as he started to strangle me with his tail, and Elisia, seeming to have heard our little scramble, came in to face me with an Amphiptere with its body wrapped around my neck.

"Um... a little help here?" I said while being unintentionally choked.

Elisia took one look at me and disappeared, leaving me with the Amphiptere... oh yeah, I forgot, Hikobi IS ranked 4th on the VILUM list, so...

"Vivumo! Create a Hikobi-shaped portal to teleport him into a pocket dimension! Now!" I yelled as Hikobi screamed as he disappeared.

"Now that I've gotten rid of Mr.Raging Snake, I can leave!" I yelled in light of my new abilities as well as the joy of being free.

Apparently back when the Tower of Babel evolved, my Dimensional Magic evolved to a higher level. I can now make portals of specific shapes, not just squares or circles. That certainly makes things easier, as enemies cannot come straight back out of a portal if I throw them in an awkward shape.

Master Roy, you do realize that Hikobi's just a bit crazed because you haven't been feeding him, don't you?

"Oh... right..." I facepalmed myself in realization of my mistake, and immediately dumped Hikobi out of the subspace, before injecting a lot of my own manaki into his body as it drained 10% of my max storage.

"I feel much better..." Hikobi yawned as he returned to his bracelet form as he rested on my wrist, curled up as he slept.

After successfully realizing my own mistake and solving it, I leapt into the sky, using the passive skill of my Amphiptere familiar known as Flight, and soared towards the harbor, where my Transcendent Outerworlders are waiting for me.