Sector YonJuRoku: Archipelago's Alcove

"Heya, Roy!" Rikka waved as I approached the dock, beaming enthusiastically. Kazuya was doing something with the water, but I figured that he was just detecting monsters, so I just left him to his business. That is, until he looked up at me and gave me the details.

"We have to go to the Archipelago right now. Although S-Rank adventurers do stay on the island, the sea wyrms have been causing a lot of unrest in the Archipelago right now, so it's our job to take care of them. Unfortunately, we have to go by boat, as it is in the ocean-"

Master Roy, you can-

"I know, Vivumo. We're thinking along the same lines here." I said to my arcamanas before turning to Kazuya. "How far is the Archipelago from here?"

"Um, around 5 kilometers east, why?"

"Good enough for me." I said as I gathered my manaki, which has finally fully recovered since the fight with the Psylokia, and opened a portal to a location 5 kilometers east, and 100 meters above sea level.

"And... off you go." I then pushed the two of them into the portal as they screamed before going in. I then turned to my familiar.

"Hikobi, do you really think you can do it?" I asked him, who confidently puffed out his chest.

"Of course! Just leave it to me!" Hikobi said as he flew off into the ocean. Seeing him leave, I then jumped in to follow Kazuya and Rikka, who are currently falling through the air.

******************************************************************

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" As I went through the portal, two screams exploded in my air as Rikka and Kazuya yelled as they fell from the sky, arms flailing in fear.

"Guys, don't panic, I got this." I said before pointing my finger at the point 10 meters below me. "Soft Barrier- Cloth"

Kazuya and Rikka landed perfectly into the square of the barrier, and looked up, amazed, as I failed a landing in the soft barrier as well. I got up with my usual weird stance, but repositioned myself as I stood at the edge of the barrier, and looked down. Only 30 meters. I could probably land safely. I was about to jump before I noticed Rikka and Kazuya hugging each other while trying to look down. Sigh. They will have to get used to this in their room in the Tower of Babel. Or else it will be a real pain.

Unwillingly, I went forward and imprinted the skill [Flight] onto their board, and I jumped as I waved at them to follow me.

Reluctantly, the two followed my instructions and jumped as they suddenly felt invisible wings sprout as they suspended in the air. "We are safe to do this, right?" Kazuya asked as Rikka attempted gliding downwards.

"Yup. I transferred the skill [Flight] to you, so it should be okay now." I replied as we touched down on the earth, and right ahead of us was the Twinprint Archipelago, the destination where I was supposed to go since I decided to leave for the Shellop Region. But before that...

"Um... Roy? I'm pretty sure we were supposed to clean out the water wyrms on our way here, but we just completely went past them. I feel like we should've cleared them out before coming here, should we not?"

"Don't worry, Kazuya, I've had Hikobi take care of that problem for us." I replied confidently as I reached out to my familiar for confirmation on his assigned job, which was what I said to him at the dock.

"Let's go towards the archipelago first," I said to Kazuya and Rikka. "Hikobi is waiting there."

After around 15 minutes of flying, we arrived at my destination, the Twinprint Archipelago. And sure enough, Hikobi is waiting at the Archipelago's dock, with a lot of ocean dragons behind him.

I landed first, in front of the gaping crowd, who were shocked at the creatures that used to plague their land, sitting there under the unification of a single creature of a higher order. That is, until I arrived and gave Hikobi a perfect quality of a manaki stone for his reward.

"Roy! I completed the mission!" Hikobi chirped happily as he wrapped around my neck in affection. "There are around 100 ocean lindwurms and 500 sea wyrms that I've managed to recruit to our side. Is that enough?"

"That's plenty, Hikobi! Go have some rest, you'll need it." I told Hikobi as I left the dock, and walked towards Kazuya and Rikka, who just finished explaining the situation to the residents of the archipelago.

"Roy, wanna go book a room at the hotel with us?" Rikka said happily.

"Sorry, but unfortunately, I have to decline. Something urgent came up and I have to go take care of it. But book a room for me, okay? I will be back as soon as I can." I said as I ran off, hurried.

I'm sure Rikka and Kazuya might've been confused, but right now, I need to get as far as I can from the archipelago city, or else it'll be bad. Because I can... sense her murderous presence.

She is here. I can sense it. The aura.

I immediately flew up to check my surroundings, and a blue knife flew towards me as I barely managed to catch it before it gouged one of my eyes out.

"Woah, woah, do you really have to be this aggressive? I didn't do anything to you, did I?" I said as the knife freed itself from my hand and disappeared into the dense forest before a white-hooded girl jumped to the same height as I was and pointed her knife at me.

"Isn't that right, Azura Bleak?"