Sector SanJuRoku: Assassins

"Master Roy!"

"Huh?" I muttered, drowsiness drowning my thoughts as I tried to ignore the voice.

"MASTER ROY!"

"Vivumo?" I asked into the darkness. My arcamanas seem to be quite troubled by something.

"There are dangerous people on the move for you and Meliodas. They will arrive within a minute. Do I have the permission to trigger Forced Waking?"

"Yes? I guess..." In times like these, maybe it's best to trust Vivumo. I haven't seen him play a prank on me yet, so it's safe to say he doesn't lie.

My eyes burst open as the Statue of Zeus came into view, still there over Meliodas' hole. Speaking of Meliodas, he is still crumpled up near the statue, but all his wounds healed. Is it because of his Demon King protection?

However, before I had time to ponder, a giant sensation of a powerful enemy filled my head as I used the skill 《Analyze》on the incoming targets from 1 kilometer away, and their manaki level alone shocked me. A 8.2 million one probably marked their leader. There are three others with around 5 million, and three others with around 3 million. What is such a powerful group doing here?

I quickly scooped up Meliodas before jumping into a subspace I made for temporary emergencies like those, and left a small hole to listen to.

The seven people quickly arrived at the scene and began wondering aloud.

"Where are they?" A female voice, colder than ice, yelled as she kicked the ground. Meanwhile, the others started admiring my Great Building.

"Captain Azura, look..."

"Huh?" The girl named Azura snapped before looking upwards, to face my Great Building. Shock was clearly written on her face as her jaw dropped at my creation.

Before I could snicker at her astonishment, a tiny tingle at the back of my neck made me jerk back, and I came face-to-face with Meliodas, who was glaring daggers at the people admiring my statue.

"I knew it! You are with those assassins!" Meliodas exclaimed as I hurried to shush him.

"Those people are assassins?" I whispered to him. "I definitely do not know them. I swear on my life."

"Hm..." Meliodas pondered as he looked into my eyes again. "It seems like you weren't lying, but what could you be doing here, then?"

"I told you. I'm an Outerworlder like you. And I'm looking for people like me, which you are." I answered, but he seemed to have a hard time believing this.

Well, I'm going to give him some time to think, so let's see what's happening outside, then.

"Let's smash this thing!" A loud voice carried through the portal, and my nerves immediately shot up in anger.

What did he say?

I rushed out of the portal immediately, only to realize it was a perfectly designed trap. Four blades were pointed at me while their leader and another guy pinned me down.

"Captain Azura, his face fits the picture. This is Roy Excindo." A white guy said to the girl with the Pikachu-ear hood, and she took out a clear, blue knife.

"Great work, Monlet. Now, it's time to finish the job." The girl named Azura said mercilessly as she raised her blade.

Is she going to kill me? Why?

In the next moment, as if it sensed I was in danger, the Statue of Zeus shot out lightning from its staff, sending the four of them flying while the other three jumped back, only to narrowly avoid my Great Building's attack.

"You guys..." I said murderously, killing intent and aura seeping out of my body. "I thought you were a fun bunch who decided to admire my artwork, but now you try and kill ME?"

The assassins said nothing as Azura dashed forward again at an incredible speed, her blue dagger reaching out to me in an invitation to battle.

"Barrier- Dome of Exile."

A dome of amethyst light shot out as it pushed the members of the Shattered Glass out for over a hundred meters, shockwaves still paining their bodies as they struggled to comprehend what had just happened.

Not giving them a second to react, I used 《Metal Manipulation》 to render four of them immobile, before using 《Black Lightning》to take out the second strongest and the third strongest of the group.

I now faced Azura, their presumed leader.

"Not bad, taking out all my companions in an instant." She sneered as she charged towards me at an incredible speed, one that rivals sound itself. Thanks to 《Prediction》, I avoided her blade and twisted, only to be stabbed in the gut with her blade, which I thought I dodged completely.

"Urgh!" I coughed out blood, and felt pain for the first time in the world. I rubbed my stomach as I heard another swish of a blade as my left hand was cut off, blood spurting again.

I knew that manaki wasn't the sole factor of being strong, but this girl has successfully transcended the limits of a human, and might be even better than me...

"Master Roy, I have sent an Indigo potion to your right hand, drink it now!" Vivumo yelled in panic as I gobbled down the potion, and my hand grew back, my stomach now healed.

I sensed Azura, but she suddenly sped up and almost as if she teleported behind me, surpassing my reaction time, and her blade swung towards my neck as it neared closer...

Am I really going to die?

I prepared for the incoming end, but it never came. I opened my eyes to see a turquoise blade, stopping the clear blue dagger from reaching my throat.

"Meliodas... why?"

"You said you are just like me, in a way, yes? So, as the fundamental laws of the world, beings that are alike do not abandon each other!" He responded, and I gave a smile that almost made myself cry.

I... got through to him... thank god.

Meliodas then turned on Azura, who was still holding her blade against Lostvayne, emotionless. With a roar of anger, purple particles flew and gathered on Meliodas' body, wings grew from his back, and his demonic aura was unleashed as even Lostvayne is coated in its essence. He activated his Assault Mode.

The two then started to clash furiously, with one blade over the other, causing the slashing of metal to be heard far and wide. I stood up, wobbled, and fell down before trying again. Indigo potions do not restore your traumatization, so I still have to heal myself.

"Holy Magic, Vivumo." I said to my partner.

"Yes, Master Roy. Executing Holy Magic on-self. Imprinted skill 《Demon King Protection》is being used. Complete."

My wounds healed as the golden light that Meliodas also used embraced me, bathing me in energy. I took out Umbra-Electra, unsheathed it, and faced Azura as Meliodas exhausted the last of his manaki.

It's time to stop holding back.