Sector YonJuKyu: Strategist

I woke up in a dimly lit room as I noticed the sun's rays began to seep through the blinds of the window my bed faced. I yawned and stretched before lifting myself out of the bed, overcoming the inertia that held me down.

"What is... this place?" I looked around as I sat up, examining the room that now hosted me. A bunch of drawings symbolizing something archaic. However, when I reached out to get off the bed, a barrier repelled my hand, sending me backwards.

"What...is this?" I said as I told Vivumo to analyze the barrier, and it came up to be a mixture of Rikka's Ethereal Horizon and some other identifiable factors.

"Hmm..." a voice sounded as the door opened and a girl in a school uniform came in, her scarlet eyes scrutinizing as she examined me before speaking again. "What kind of anomaly are you, Roy Excindo? And what have you been doing?"

I looked forward as I saw the familiar face. The vice-president of the 67th and 68th Shuchi'in academy student council has appeared before me, with insane manaki levels that rival my own. After many instances of evolution and the help of Excindo Growth, I have managed to raise it to a MAX cap of 25 million, yet hers is already approaching 23 million. An Outerworlder who is born as a pure mage? The chances aren't low, but... can anyone in the CoO(Council of Outerworlders) beat her one-on-one?

Washing away my shock, I activated Shadow Teleport as I disabled the analyzed Ethereal Horizon, and appeared behind her. "You say I'm an anomaly, Shinomiya Kaguya, but yet you're an Outerworlder just like me, aren't you, vice-president of the 67th and 68th Shuchi'in academy student council?"

She stood unfazed while I sensed her trying to kill her own shock of my over-informed sentence. "You know quite a lot. I suppose you came from my world, too?"

"No, Kaguya-san. You and I come from different worlds, and so does Kazuya and Rikka, in case you didn't know. I have 9 more Outerworlders in my fortress since we agreed to form a council to travel together." I responded as she tried to process her information, while I decided to speak to Vivumo.

"Vivumo, what is the state of Umbra-Electra? Can it be repaired?" I said as I looked at the image of the pile of dust, made of tiny barrier molecules, and the handle that was unharmed.

"I suspect that you can probably use it after a week or so, considering the damage to it. I will constantly tinker it with Manatom Modification now, so don't worry. However, in the upcoming battle with La Divupala, it might be a hassle to only use Crevasse Chasm I.

"I will be fine, Vivumo. I can rely on my other skills." I said before turning back to Kaguya, who was facing me as I spaced out towards Vivumo.

"You know what, I changed my mind." Kaguya said as she lifted some sort of spell around the room as she faced me. "We thought you were dangerous, considering that you basically destroyed Kamios in a minute or so. However, I neglected the fact that you're also a human just like us, so please forgive my rudeness. Can you come with me for a little interview session?"

"Interview? I suppose...?" I said, confused, as I decided to follow her into another room where she began to ask about my powers, rank, and a bunch of other things.

Apparently, Hikobi didn't come to see me since he was so tired from the mission I gave him yesterday. So he hasn't come to visit, which helped me in terms of explaining. I don't want to explain the matter of an Amphiptere being my familiar to Kaguya.

Aside from that, she's extremely careful when she asks about something. I was basically forced to spill a lot of my powers just to earn the trust of many high-ranking officials in Twinprint aside from the adventurer's guild. She also asked if I wanted to join Twinprint's guild, but I said I already joined Chlorophyllum's. However, she kinda just took mine and stamped my card with Twinprint's stamp, regardless of my rank.

I mean, I'm not complaining. However, everything comes with a cost, does it not?

"Roy Excindo, we need you to join our expedition tomorrow to exterminate a certain creature." Kaguya said seriously as I was about to leave.

"What creature?" I already knew, since dread was creeping up on me.

"The Wyvern of The Sea. You might be the only one who can beat it now, considering your powers. Please, or else the entire continent will be soon swept beneath the ocean's surface.

"I understand." I nodded solemnly, understanding the serious crisis that threatened the land. This isn't just about me anymore. It's a threat that can wipe out every single living being in this tiny fraction of the world. If I don't defeat it... well, let's just say that reincarnation is a waste if you're going to die again, right?

Determined, I set off towards the coast, manaki rapidly recovering as I activated my body's extreme measures, as intelligence and power crept into the crevices of my body and filled them up.

Time to save this continent.