𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟠

-Christian's P.O.V-
I sit up and stretch out my arms. After yawning I look at my clock. It is 7: 34 A.M. I turn to look at Kaydan. He's fast asleep. His alarm hasn't gone off at all.
...Maybe he has a late shift?
I shake his arm. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for work?"
He groans and turns to his side so that he's facing me with his head still on his pillow. "Why are you up so early? Go back to sleep."
"Did you not hear what I said?" I ask irritated.
"Sleep, sleep!" He yells at me.
I glare at him. "Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you." I slip back down under the sheets, resting my head on his pillow so that my face is close to his, and glare at his sleeping face.
First you're late, and now you won't accept my help. I shouldn't even be trying to help you. You're the one who messed up my sleeping cycle.
I reached out and pinched his nose frustrated.
He doesn't move for ten seconds.
When I finally let go, I hear the sheets ruffle as he brings his hand up to mine. He gently grabs my thumb and mumbles, "Stop that."
I narrow my eyes at him. "I already did."
He lets out a snore.
I take one last look at his face before drifting off to sleep myself.
-Kaydan's P.O.V-
I slowly open my eyes. The sun blinds my for a few seconds, but my eyes are quick to adjust.
It has to be no earlier than 10.
When my vision is completely focused, I see Christian's face. I suck in a deep breath noticing our fingers are intertwined. I inch my eyes upward towards his face. It looks smooth, but his expression is stuck in stern position. I sigh.
If you would just smile more your face wouldn't rest in such a-
"Stop staring at me," he says without moving.
I quickly jolt up, removing my hand from his, and pull the covers up to my cheeks. "I-I-I wasn't!"
He exhales deeply then gets out of bed. "Then don't act so defensive. I'm going to take a shower." He enters his bathroom then closes his door behind him.
I stick my tongue out at the closed door and stand up. I start to realize that I've never seen his apartment in daylight. I walk up to the banister and place my hand on the cold metal. I look behind me at the bed allowing my mouth to drop.
His room is the whole open section of his upstairs?
I cock my head to the side. Looking back in front of me. "...He has stairs in his apartment? Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...what?" I walk past his bed and see a desk sitting against the wall in front of it. I turn to the side and look down the hallway he entered moments ago. The nearest door was his bathroom, the others, unknown to me, and the door against the wall near his desk was his closet. I walk down his spiral stairs, that were placed in the center of his apartment and stepped onto the first floor. He had a huge kitchen separated from his living room by bar seating. The walls in the back of his apartment were huge windows. One window had red sofas behind it, along with a table with an umbrella planted in the center of it surrounded by chairs.
"Wow..." I breathe looking around. I walk into his living room. "That probably explains why the sun is always shinning in his 'bedroom' every morning." I walk trough his living room, sparring his flat screen a glance, then push on the window with the furniture behind it. It opens up allowing me to step onto the balcony and run to the edge. I rest my arms on the metal railing that prevents you from falling off.
"This. Is. Amazing." I close my eyes and enjoy the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair, and the sun on my skin. I don't know how long I was out there, but I was brought back to reality when I heard a knock on Plexiglas. I turn to see Christian standing on the other side. I smile at him.
"Hey, it's so awesome out here!" I yell.
"Kaydan, come here," he says in a low voice after opening the door.
"Why? You come out here! It's gorgeous!"
He takes a few steps onto the balcony then stops. "There, now come on."
I snort. "What, are you afraid of heights or something?"
I can see his face twist into a frown, even from this distance.
"I'm going back in," he says turning around and going back.
"...You can't be serious." I whisper running in after him.
He's lying across the couch with his arm resting across his eyes.
"...S-Sorry, I didn't know," I say sitting on the arm of his couch by his head. "Besides, if you're scared of heights, why do you live on the highest floor?"
He shrugs. "It's 11:43," he finally speaks up. "Shouldn't you hurry to work so your friend won't yell at you."
"Nope! I don't have work on Sundays, so I'm all yours."
He moves his arm and looks up at me with a slightly hopeful expression. "...Really?"
I pinch his cheek saying, "Yes, really." I jump up and walk over to his door. "So if we're going to try to fix you, we need to start today."
"Where are you going?" He asks sitting up.
"To change. If you haven't noticed, I'm wearing the same clothes from yesterday."
"...Sorry. I was mad because you showed up late."
"If you had just let me explain, I would've told you I was staying late to help Luke count the money."
"Again?" "Yes, again!" "...Sorr-"
"Stop apologizing! It's my bad. I could've called you you tell you, but I forgot." I placed my hand on the knob and open the door. "I'll be back after I change, alright? We're gunna go to 'Living Live Luxuriously'." I exit and close the door behind me.
...So he's back to being nice now?
I sigh and enter my apartment. I take a shower and change into some casual clothes. Since my job calls for formal attire, I don't really own many casual clothes...or clothes that aren't black. I have two pairs of jeans, and four pairs of shirts. Two T-shirts, and two button-up. Today I chose a red button up. I dash out of my room and back to his opening the door. "Are ya ready?"
"We can take my car," he offers walking towards me and grabbing his keys off the counter.
I grin at him as I walk towards the stairs outside his door. "Let's do this."
Since it was Christian, I was expecting him to own a bad ass car. I was right to assume such. I walk up to his red Mustang and say, "Nice," trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.
"It's okay," he replies getting into the driver's seat.
I hop into the passenger's side and buckle up before he pulls off. Ever since I've moved down here I've only ever been to Luke's house, my job, and my apartment, so I didn't really know the area well. I also didn't know how beautiful it was.
My face was pressed hard against the window when Christian says, "You know you can just let the window down, right?"
I take my face off it and clear my throat. "I-I know, I just didn't want to bother you."
"I wouldn't mind."
"Yeah, well-" He lets both of our windows down in the middle of my sentence. "I didn't-" he continues by putting the roof of the car down. My eyes widen as I look over to him."This is a freaking convertible?"
He nods once.
"Oh. My. God." I look out to my right and see a water fountain surrounded by palm trees. "This is so amazing!"
"Have you never been out here before?"
"In this part of town, let alone in a convertible? No."
"Seriously?"
He drives in silence for the rest of the time, allowing me to take in the scenery.
Before I know it, we pull up to Living Life Luxuriously. I sigh a little upset, but get out of the car. "Alright, attempt number one!" I rush into the store with him following close behind. I don't even look at the carts, I already know what I'm gunna get. I look down five isles until I find what I'm looking for. "Ah ha!" I exclaim victoriously.
"A body pillow?" Christian questions.
"Two to be exact. We're gunna spruce them up." We walk to the front and Christian takes them from me, then pulls out his wallet.
"Oh, that's okay, I'll pay for-" "Shut up," he stops me.
Not sure if that was nice or rude...
Once he's paid we leave the store. We put the pillows in his trunk, then drive off. We're on the road for fifteen minutes when I realize we aren't back yet.
"Where are we going?" I ask as the car comes to a halt.
"Here." He gets out of his car and enters a place called, 'Breakfast to Break Fast'.
I smirk at the title. "Clever and witty. That's a hard thing to do." I follow Christian inside and sit opposite of him in a booth.
When our waiter appears Christian orders two specials, then directs his attention to me. "You're hungry, right?"
"Famished," I admit, starting to feel my hunger kick in.
"These guys have the best pancakes," he says placing his napkin on his lap.
"Says who? I've never heard of these guys," I say looking around. It's small, and kind of run down, but that only makes me like it more.
"Says me."
"You better hope this place is up to par then."
"I know it is. The service is even fast," he finishes as the plates are laid in front of us.
I thank the waiter as he sets down my food. My plate is complete with two pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, a biscuit, and hash browns. "...It looks too good to touch."
"You're going to regret it if you don't eat it while it's hot," he states eating his eggs.
I smother my pancakes with syrup and cut them into fours. I place one in my mouth. I feel a single tear slide down my cheek.
Christian stops eating and looks at me concerned. "Are you okay? Is it too hot?"
I shake my head. "It's...It's so delicious," I sniffle.
He quickly brings his hand to his mouth in a fist formation, then releases a chuckle.
I stare at him in shock. "What?"
"You are a riot," he says continuing to laugh.
This is actually the first time I've seen him laugh...or even heard him laugh. I didn't think he could do that. I let a tiny smile through, but mostly embarrassment. "Shut up! It's just really good, okay?"
"Try the eggs."
I cut into them, and place them in my mouth. "I've never tasted anything like this," I breathe.
"You want to know why?"
"It's magic."
"No-"
"Then don't tell me. As far as I'm concerned, it's magic."
"It's actually an omelette with eggs."
"You monster! I told you not to tell me!" He smiles hugely at me. "I couldn't resist."
I yell at him a couple more times, but end up finishing my meal happily overall. He paid for me, and let me tip the waiter, because I insisted and knew how tough he job was. As we were leaving, I did see him slip the waiter a little something himself. When we finally made it outside, he started walking to the left.
"Where are you going?" I ask walking after him.
"Down the nature trail."
"The where?"
"Just follow me."
"Only because you asked so nicely."