𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟛𝟚

Christian's P.O.V-
I was lying on the couch with Kaydan resting on top of me. He had finished his sandwiches and fallen asleep soon after. It's almost been an hour since then. I have my arms wrapped around him, pulling him close to me. Feeling his body rise and fall in my arms only strengthened the reality of the situation. His body was emitting a warm wave keeping the cold at bay. His face was nuzzled in the crook of my neck, and his lips were pressed against it, making my head dizzy and putting me in a state of infinite euphoria.
This is mine...he is mine.
A smile finds its way to my lips and curls them upwards. I squeeze his body closer, causing him to stir a bit.
He releases a tiny yawn and sits up, allowing the cold to return to the surface of my skin.
"I-I'm sorry!" He exclaims quickly moving off of me, the cold hitting me full on now.
"It was fine," I reply sitting up after him. "It was nice."
He pushes me softly and stops with his hands on my chest.
My heart beat intensifies tenfold. I look down at him and swallow hard, placing my hands over his. "What's wrong?"
"...Take off your shirt," he says in a low voice.
My stomach does a back-flip as the blood surges through my body.
"...The pants too," he continues.
"Kaydan-"
"You look weird in Luke's stuff!" He finishes smiling up at me. "Besides, those are my favorite sweats now! Go change into something else!"
I look down, away from him.
Mood completely ruined.
I return my gaze to him and smile slightly at his goofy grin. I take his hands in mine as I stand and kiss his forehead. "I'll be right back," I reluctantly release his hands and walk over to his door only to exit it. I step to my left and walk into my place and close the door after me.
Addison is sitting on the arm of my couch with her arms folded facing me. "Forgot about me?"
Yes.
"N-No," I lie running up my stairs.
She followed me up. "Yeah, nice try."
"Addison, I'm busy. What do you need?" I'm shuffling through my clothes trying to find a somewhat decent shirt.
"For you to stop spending time with him, and hang out with me! You see him everyday! We haven't hung out in at least a year!"
"I'll hang out with you tomorrow," I pick up a shirt and some jeans.
"That's not fair!"
"Life isn't suppose to be," I answer quickly changing. I rush back down the stairs and she doesn't let up.
"Christian!"
I turn around and give her a hug. "I'll be back."
"When?" She huffs.
"Later," I release her shoulders and reenter Kaydan's room.
He's still sitting on the couch and watching an infomercial now. It has something to do with a treadmill.
Before I can join him there's a knock at the door. He turns to face me and I shrug opening it.
Addison is standing in the doorway with her arms folded. "You didn't think it'd be that easy to get rid of me, did you?"
I glare daggers at her. "Get out."
In that moment Kaydan makes his way over to us. "Hi Addison," he says dryly.
She narrows her eyes at him and doesn't respond.
"Why are you here?" He continues.
"Christian promised we would hang out today. He said I could come over this time."
"I never said-"
"I guess that's fine," he responds stepping to the side. "It's not good to brake promises," he finishes whispering to me.
Addison grabs my wrist and yanks me inside past Kaydan. She sits us on the couch and wraps her arms around mine. "I'm hungry."
I pause for a second to prevent myself from screaming at her. "I can make you food."
Kaydan returns to my side and begins to sit down.
"Can he not cook?" She questions stopping Kaydan in his tracks.
"M-Me?" He replies sanding back up. "I-I mean I can, but-"
"Then go make yourself useful."
"...Kay," he turns and heads for the kitchen. "Why are you acting so rude?" I mutter to her.
"He was rude to me first!"
"How?"
"He tried to take something that doesn't belong to him."
"Kaydan's not that kind of person." "Why are you on his side?"
"There are sides now?" I ask confused. "My side or the wrong one!"
"Addison, you're being childish."
"You won't pay attention to me otherwise."
"What?"
She tightens her hold on my arm. "Never mind."
Kaydan enters the room holding a bowl.
"That was quick," Addison scowls reaching out to grab it. She stares into it in silence. "What the fuck is this?"
"Pickles and chocolate," he answers simply. "It's what you had a craving for last time, right?"
"So you think just because I'm pregnant I always want shit like this?"
"Well, no, but-"
"I asked you to cook, not throw shit in a bowl."
Kaydan chews his lower lip in silence as his eyes glaze over. "You know what? I-"
I stand up abruptly, causing him to stop mid- sentence. "I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose."
"Of course he did! He hates me, so I don't see why he wouldn't-"
"I don't remember saying that," he cuts in.
"You don't have to. I know you're jealous," she smirks standing as well, walking up to him.
...Jealous?
He only returns it. "I forgot you missed out on a couple of details! We're da-"
"You barely know anything about him! It wouldn't even work!"
His facial expression stiffens.
"What the hell are you guys talking about?"
"Nothing," Addison and Kaydan respond in unison. "How about we just go out to eat?" She asks turning to look at me as if nothing happened.
I slowly look over to Kaydan, still moderately puzzled. "Do you want to?"
"You guys go without me. I'm not hungry," he forces a smile.
"Come on Christian!" Addison begs. "We don't need him to have a good time!"
I do.
"I already-"
"You're going," I tell him meeting his gaze. "What?" They both groan. "Why?"
"I don't know what the deal is between you two, but we're going to settle it right now. You're making my head hurt." I walk to the front and grab my car keys off the counter. "We're taking my car- "
"Shotgun!" Addison yells at the top of her lungs.
"-and Kaydan has shotgun," I finish as if she never spoke.
-Lucas' P.O.V-
I was sitting beside Kyle on my sofa. He hadn't moved much since I set him down a little over an hour ago. He didn't want food or water, but he took the remote and changed the TV to ID. We just finished an episode of "Wives With Knives". I brought him a blanket and draped it around him earlier. He quietly thanked me and continued to watch the screen.
"I'll be right back," I say stepping into my room, then my bathroom. I pull out my phone and call Kaydan.
He picks up almost instantly. "What?" He whisper yells.
"H-Hey!" I respond.
"I seriously don't have time right now, what do you want?"
"For you to talk to Kyle."
"You're joking, right?"
"He's seriously depressed this time. I'm sure he's learned his lesson."
"Maybe if he apologizes, I'll think about it."
"Great! I'll go hand him the phone and-"
"To Christian," he clarifies. "He needs to apologize to Christian."
"Are you serious?"
"Why would that be a joke?"
"I'm sorry, why are you whispering? It's really throwing me off."
"Long story! Look, all I'm saying is if he-" There's a loud bang stopping him short.
"Kaydan," I hear a muffled voice.
"Shit," he mutters.
"If you don't come back to the table, I'm going to come in there."
I was pretty sure it was Christian at this point. "Kaydan, give him the phone!"
He doesn't respond to me.
"Kaydan?"
"And if I come in there, I'm not going to let you come out," Christian's voice continues.
"This is a public bathroom!" Kaydan exclaims. "Do you honestly think I care?"
His side goes quiet.
The line goes dead.
"Aw, come on!" I yell frustrated. I'm not calling him again, cause I don't want to even know what's happening over there. I run my hands through my hair furiously and exit my bathroom.
Now what the hell am I supposed to do? I need to calm down. I don't stress. I'm not allowed to.
I clear my throat before entering the living room again. "Food?" I ask, my voice cracking a bit.
Kyle turns to me very slowly.
"I don't know about you, but I'm hungry!" I dash into the kitchen and straight to my fridge. I open it and examine all off my options.
I just need to calm down. We can't both be upset. Nothing will get done. If I continue to act like everything is fine, it will be eventually. Fake it till you make it, right?
"Luke?" Kyle calls directly beside me.
I jump startled, and slam the fridge, revealing his face in front of mine. I zoned the hell out right there.
What was I doing? Right, food!
"I guess I'm out of eggs!" I exclaim turning to my pantry.
"...Are you okay?" He continues following me close behind.
"I guess you seem to be doing better since you're talking more now."
"...I'm sorry for being a burden," he sighs.
"You're not," I finish leaving the pantry. I squeeze past him and into my kitchen.
"I'm always in the way. I always do unnecessary things that end up bothering everyone else."
I stop and turn back to look at him.
His hands were balled up into fists and he was facing the ground.
Please don't cry, please don't cry, please don't-
He looked up at me the second as a tear escaped his eye. "I'm sorry for making Kaydan kick you out," he starts to sniffle.
"Hey, hey-"
"I'm sorry for saying what I said," he continues as I approach him, "I'm sorry for being so nosy! I'm sorry for being a bad brother."
"You aren't a bad-"
"I'm sorry for being me," he finishes with more tears moving down his face.
As those last words left his mouth I felt my heart ache. He honestly wasn't a terrible person. Sure he made a few bad choices, but he shouldn't be beating himself up this harshly about it. No one should ever feel this way about themselves, especially over a mistake.
I placed my hands on his cheeks. "Don't ever say that about yourself," I state.
"But-"
"I'm serious." To be honest, I was kinda pissed off at Kaydan right now.
He stays silent and fidgets in my grasp.
Fuck...What am I doing?
"L-Luke?"
I keep staring at him, watching his face grow slightly red.
Shit.
My heart skips a beat.
This is getting bad.
"Wh-What are you doing?"
"Just...Just shut up," I respond holding his face tighter.
He quickly clasps his lips together, and I loosen my grip. I start to lean in and he pulls away slowly.
"A-Are you going to k-k-k-k-kiss me?" He trembles.
"So what if I am?"
"Wh-What if you hate it?"
"What if I don't?" I close the final distance between our lips, colliding them together.
I don't hate it.