𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟛𝟝

-Lucas' P.O.V-
Christian raises an eyebrow at me before turning to the wall and observing it carefully. "What the hell does that mean?" He huffs hardly paying attention.
I watch him as he scales the wall before answering, "I think-"
"Shh!" He cuts me off. "Shut up for a second," he rushes into the room to his immediate right without making a sound.
I...guess I should follow him.
I stand up and follow his footsteps, trying to be equally as silent. I spot him crouched on a bed, pressing his ear to the wall.
He'll only tell me to shut up if I ask.
I make my way over to him and copy his actions. On the other side of the wall I hear Kaydan's and Kyle's voice muffled.
"...isper?" What sounds like Kyle's voice continues.
"Because I know Christian is listening," Kaydan says loud and clear.
Christian punches the wall in response, causing me to jump startled. "Come on," he grumbles returning to the kitchen.
I close the door behind me as I exit, then sit back in my original spot.
He had made his way over to the couch and was flicking through channels. Minutes of silence pass when he finally asks, "So you do like him?"
I scratch the back of my head. "...Do I?"
Christian mutes the TV and turns to look at me. "Do you?"
I rack my brain and think out loud. "I mean...he knows how to piss me off."
"Don't feel special. He knows how to piss everyone off," Christian comments openly.
"Yeah...but I know he doesn't mean too," I correct. "...and he gets upset easily...so upset that he actually cries...but I don't like seeing him cry..." I trail off. When Christian doesn't comment, I look up at him. He's looking at me as if to go on. "And...I know...He gets himself into some serious shit, and ends up stuck without a way out...and I kinda want to be his way out. I want him to know that he has someone to fall back on. Someone...who's waiting for him to ask them for help. Cause he acts all pompous as if he knows everything. Then when he doesn't know what to do he freaks out and takes things to the extreme. Then he becomes really flustered when he has to ask for help. And he rarely ever says 'thank you' because he claims he did it by himself, but when he does there isn't an ounce of insincerity. He can't even look you in the eye when he does it cause he's so flustered, but you know he means it. And yeah he's hard to handle...and yeah he's hard headed...but it works for him...It's kinda endearing. He makes you want to stick around because he's always getting himself into something..."
Christian turns away from me before I could see his face. "That was actually lame," he breaths. "It was a simple yes or no question."
I smile slightly to myself. "I guess it was, wasn't it?" I get off my stool and saunter over to him, sitting beside him on the couch. I peek over at him and see his cheeks show a hint of red. "What's wrong with you?"
"You ask a lot of questions," he states defensively. "You're the one who said something stupid."
"I was just being honest," I reply taking the remote from him. I flip the TV over to the movie channels and stop when 'Pluto Nash' is on. "Hell yes!"
"What is this?" Christian asks puzzled.
"Eddie Murphy's best film. We caught it just in time too. It's barely 30 minutes in!"
"The quality looks awful." "Oh, it gets worse." "Great."
-Kaydan's P.O.V-
I fill the second cup with water and sigh through my nose.
What am I even gunna say to him?
I step over some ice that feel on the floor from the first attempt of filling my cup, and head over to my room. Upon opening the door, I find him staring at my bed, which I notice is freshly made. "Here," I say sitting to his right and grabbing his attention.
"Thank you," he replies taking a sip. After minutes of silence he starts to bounce a bit on the bed, making the springs creak repeatedly.
One of us has to say something.
The creaking starts to dull my brain, and I speak up ending the madness saying, "Hey," luckily stopping him.
"Hay, is for horses," he responds, clearly trying to be funny.
"That was bad," I cough instantly. "Like, funny bad, or-"
"Awful bad," I answer hiding a grin. "Oh, my bad."
"I'm trying to be serious here!" I exclaim punching him in the arm.
"Okay, okay! Let's just get it over with. I hate you being mad at me."
"I don't mean to get mad at you, you just piss me off sometimes. No offence!" I follow up quickly putting my hands up.
"No, no, I get that. I've been doing that a lot recently, and I apologize. Especially for being so rude to Christian."
I slowly nod my head.
"I just want you to at least date someone who will be able to support you in the future."
"Yeah, and Christian can do that."
"He's not even out of high school, how can you say that?"
I look at my hands and shrug.
He studies me for a second long
then exhales deeply. He reaches out and wraps me in a hug, holding me close and squeezing me with everything he has.
Time passes be for I return it with equal force.
"I love you," he breathes.
"I love you too stupid," he chuckles in response., without missing a beat.
"More than, Kaleb?" He presses.
I only squeeze him tighter.
"...Just kidding," he slowly releases me and looks me in the eye.
"What?"
"I think it's time for me to go," he stretches and turns to his door.
"Aren't you leaving tomorrow?"
"Yeah, but...I've overstayed my welcome I'm sure," he opens the bedroom door and I follow him into the living room.
"You can stay here one more night! I don't mind!"
"I know you don't, but I want to leave on a good note. If I stay here, that's not bound to happen."
"You'll just be sleeping!"
He laughs and says, "Someone really doesn't want me to go!"
"No shit! I'm going to miss you!"
His grin falls slightly as he turn to me. "I won't be gone forever you know."
"...I know," I force a smile.
In that instance there's a knock at the door. I share a look with Kyle.
Who could that be?