𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟙𝟟

-Christian's P.O.V-
I wait on the floor until he's completely left my field of view. Once he's gone I hide my face inside of my hands.
...What did I just do? He saw me cry. Why was I even crying?
I shake my head violently.
He's treating me like I'm a child. I'm not a kid. Who does he think he is? He's lucky he's Kaydan's friend.
Something soft smacks me in the head bringing me out of my thoughts. I rip it off my head to discover that it's a blanket. I look in the direction it spawned from. Luke was standing by a closet in his hallway.
"Would you like a pillow too?"
I shake my head unfolding the blanket, then wrap it around my person.
"If you say so," he heads back to the kitchen. "The remote is on the table, so the TV is yours."
I redirect my attention to the remote. I grab it and flick on the TV. It is set on a movie channel, and Dracula: Untold is on.
"Oh, I love this movie!" Luke says peeking in from over the bar counter.
I decide to keep it on, but only because I want to see it. Lucky for me it was just starting anyway.
Six minutes into the film Luke brings me my food with another cup of water.
I stare at it in silence. After a long debate with my thoughts I blurt out a quick, "Thanks."
He laughs then looks over to me with a huge smile on his face. "Oh man, he's my favorite character!"
I glare at him.
"What? Did you say something?"
"Nope," I reply deadpan shoving some eggs into my mouth.
We just continue to watch the movie in silence.
I take this opportunity to sneak a couple of peeks at him. He had dirty blonde hair and light blue eyes, and because of the clothes he was wearing, it was easy to see that he was pretty fit underneath.
Kaydan would probably like a guy like him...
"Hey," I call getting his attention. "How old are you?"
"Twenty- Three," he answers using my fork to eat some of my eggs. "Why?"
"How long have you known Kaydan?" "Three- Four years top."
I hug the blanket closer to me.
He groans loudly.
"What?"
"Are you seriously doing this?"
"Doing wh-"
"The whole, 'This guy could be better than me' thing."
"N-No."
"Christian, I promise you my relationship with Kaydan isn't like that. Thanks, but no thanks!"
In that instant the doorbell rang.
In order to avoid staying in the same room as him, I stood up to go get it, forgetting that this was his house. He stood up as soon as I did, and we both pause for a second.
"Oh my god," he breaths, a small smile tugging at his lips.
I glance over to him somewhat irritated.
He walks over to me and stops in my way. "I didn't think it was true!"
My mood turns more towards confusion.
"I'm taller than you!" He squeals.
I take a deep breath and begin standing up straight saying, "I was slouching." When I stand up completely we are about the same height.
His smile only widens. "So was I!" He straightens up too, to reveal that he is at least a full inch taller than me. He pinches my cheek with glee then walks over to the door. "You've still got room to grow!" He mocks opening it. "Hell-" he's stopped mid-sentence.
It goes quiet for a second until I hear a muffled, "My brothers are here and they have officially pissed me off."
-Kaydan's P.O.V-
Luke squeezes me a little tighter and rubs small circles on my back for a little longer before asking, "Wanna come inside?"
I exhale deeply then say, "It took so long to get here."
"I could've picked you up." "No phone. K-"
"-yle has it," he finishes for me knowing the drill. "We seriously need a better system for this kind of thing." He leads me through the door. "I'll get you a drink. Go wait for me in the living room."
"Kay," I sniff frustrated, then head to the couch not paying much attention to my surroundings. I sit on the floor and stare at the TV. Dracula: Untold is playing, and it's at the part where he's making the deal with the Master Vampire. "Why are you watching this for the hundredth time?"
He shouts from the kitchen, "First off, it's a great movie!"
"Sure Luke," I agree in a low tone.
"IT'S A GREAT MOVIE!"
"Okay, Okay!" I yell back, smiling a little bit. "Second off, it wasn't really my choice." "...What's that suppose to mean?" "Consult the blanket to you're right." ...What blank-
I jump a little realizing that there is a life sized lump underneath the sheets. It's sitting on the couch covered from head to toe in gray cloth. Not really head to toe, because when I look up a bit farther I discover that it's head looks very familiar. "Ch-Christian?"
He glances to me at the sound of his name being called, then returns his attention to the movie.
"What are you doing here?"
"You were busy, so I settled for the next best thing," he replies.
"Gee, thanks," Luke joins in bringing me a cup of coffee. "Move your legs," he finishes stopping beside Christian.
Surprisingly Christian sits up, giving Luke enough space to sit down.
I stare at him in shock.
Luke looks down at me. "What?"
I clear my throat. "S-Since when did you guys become friends?"
"We're not friends," they reply in unison. They then share a glance that tells more than what they are verbalizing.
"You think he's hiding something?" My brother's words float in my head.
I swallow hard. "Then why is Christian actually listening to you?"
I thought he only listened to me...
"Because he knows better. Right, Christian?" Luke asks ruffling his hair.
"Cut it out," he shoots back, a small tint of red rising in his cheeks.
...He's...blushing?
"Cut it out, what?" He pushes.
After what seems like hours of silence, I hear a sliver of the word "please" escape his mouth.
"Maybe if you say full thing, I'll consider thinking about it," Luke teases.
"Luke-"
"That's Lucas to you!" Luke cuts him off.
"So you haven''t realized it yet?" His words continue.
I stare at them messing around. They actually look like they are enjoying themselves.
"You hate it when I call you Lucas," I cut in slightly upset.
"I know," he replies turning to look at me. "This is different."
"How?"
"I'm his elder!"
"You're my elder too!"
"Yeah, but-"
"But what?" I yell, glaring at him.
-Lucas' P.O.V-
Kaydan's eyes go wide as if he's revealed a secret that he wasn't suppose to.
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...is he...no he's not...Couldn't be...Could it be?
I wrap my arm around Christian's neck
and trap him in a head lock. Christian's face was turned downward. He lets out a curse in frustration.
I relax my face into a serious position. "Kaydan, are you-"
"U-Upset that my brothers are here?" He cuts me off, well aware of what I was about to ask him. "Yes!"
I release Christian and he shoots up. "What the hell was that for?"
"My bad," I keep my eyes on Kaydan, who is avoiding eye contact with me at all costs. "...So when do you think they'll be gone?"
He shrugs.
"Can it be soon?" Christian grumbles to my side.
"They never usually stay long," I reply to him actually turning to face him.
"They might this time," Kaydan calls out. "They have reason to believe that I am not safe here."
"That's stupid," Christian states. "Why would they think that?"
Kaydan and I stare at him in silence. "What?"
We continue to stare.
"Me?"
We nod.
"What did I do?"
I furrow my brows at him then turn to Kaydan asking, "That's actually...not a bad question. What did he do?"
"It's just that-"
He is interrupted by my doorbell ringing. We all share a glance with each other.
Kaydan gives me the, "Who is that" stare, and I reply with a shrug. "Coming!" I scream standing to go to the door. I use the peephole for once and see brown hair moving around in a button up shirt.
"Hurry up Luke, we've got some questions for you!" An all too familiar voice yells.
I turn on my heals and look at Kaydan in terror. I blink twice, two seconds for each, giving him the signal to go and hide.
He leaps up on his feet and grabs Christian by the hand. "Come on," he whispers to him leading him out of the huge room.
They retreat into mine as I fidget with the locks pretending they are stuck. "Sorry!" I shout back. "The locks act up sometimes!" I finally open it and let him inside.
"Do you have any idea where Kaydan is?" Kyle asks immediately.
I shake my head. I've been around Kyle enough and have lied for Kaydan enough to know how to handle this situation. "Sorry, but he's not here this time."
"Good," he responds heading to my couch.
I follow him puzzled. "Good?"
"Yeah. He left a while ago on foot, and I figured he would probably head to the park somewhere, so that gives us time to talk."
"Wait," I breathe, trying to wrap my head around the situation. "Where's Kaleb?"
"I left him at the house just in case Kaydan decides to go back."
"O-Okay."
"But I'm not here to talk about my brothers right now."
"Then what-"
"Tell me about Christian."
"O-Oh?"