𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟙𝟚

-Christian's P.O.V-
I wipe Kimberley's kiss off my cheek, then reach out to Kaydan and wipe it off his. "Sorry about that."
"It's fine..." he says.
I grab his wrist and pull him into my living room. When we get to my couch I gently push him onto it, then lay my head on his lap closing my eyes. "Finally," I sigh.
"Did you not get any sleep?" He asks.
"I camped out on the couch, so no."
"O-Oh."
"...I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to- "
"I know, I know!" He yells. "I mean...it's been awhile since you've...gotten to do your own thing."
I open my eyes instantly.
The second he locks his with mine he blushes up to his ears and closes them. "No, Christian."
I chuckle. "Can't blame me for trying." I reach up and place my hand behind his neck, bringing his ear down to me. "Wake me when Kimberley gets back." I finish by kissing his ear then letting my hand rest on my stomach.
He sits motionless underneath me for awhile. Once his body relaxes he places his hand on my head and softly plays with my hair. The sensation was incredible. I never wanted him to stop.
And that was the last thing I remembered before falling asleep.
-Kaydan's P.O.V-
Kim walks into the room around 1. She puts her keys on the counter along with her purse. "He keeps pushing the deadline!" She groans throwing herself onto the armchair to my right.
"Who?"
"Jeffery-" she stops mid-sentence and actually looks at me. "My, my, aren't we comfortable?" She sings.
"Christian didn't sleep last night, so he's pretty tired," I answer ignoring her tone.
"Oh, then he should be out for awhile. When he gets like that, not even THE LOUDEST NOISES BOTHER HIM!" She finishes yelling.
Christian doesn't flinch.
"See?"
"You seem to know him pretty well."
"Obviously. We're related," she states.
"I mean for fighting all the time."
"You just need to know how to handle him."
"...Is there some sort of key?" I ask becoming curious.
She smirks. "Oh yeah there is. Took me five years to master."
"Seriously?" "Yup!" "What is it?"
"It's pretty easy actually. Once you know it, you know it. There are still a few wildcards that I don't even know about!"
"Tell me what you do know," I say, trying not to sound to desperate.
"...I can help you a little." She pinches his cheek before continuing to make sure that he was still asleep. "Okay, you know how he's either cold as ice, or adorable as a box of puppies?"
I furiously nod.
"Of course, that all depends on certain factors."
"Factors such as..."
"Yup," she says grabbing the remote. A silent wind washes over the living room.
"N-No, I don't know. I was waiting for you to fill in the blank."
"I know."
"...You aren't going to tell me?"
"Nah. No fun in that. You'll figure it out soon enough though!" She flicks on the T.V and begins to surf through channels.
A system for Christian, huh?
I look down at his resting face. His bags were still present. A sudden realization came to me.
This is actually the first time I've been fully awake before him...maybe I could start now?
"We got the candles," I say trying to change the subject.
"Sweet! Let's go light them!" She shoots up and dashes into the kitchen.
"Christian," I try lightly shaking his face.
"He's out Kay. He didn't even want my 'stupid candles'. Leave him be."
I give him one final look before substituting my lap for a pillow, then joined Kim. She was already half way through with the candles.
"How many candles are you using?" I ask almost laughing.
"Forty-Two!" She exclaims.
"...Wait, wait, wait...Christian is twenty?" I scream.
"Uh-huh," she replies putting on the final few.
"He's younger than me?" I continue screaming.
"Uh-huh," she finishes searching drawers for a lighter. "I'm still shocked knowing that I'm older than him."
"How old are you?"
She stops and glares back at me. "You never ask a woman her age."
"S-Sorry," I stammer. "I-I just-"
"Joking!" She laughs before sticking out her tongue. "I'm twenty- four."
"I have another question."
"Shoot."
"How is it that you and him are complete opposites?"
She shrugs. "That's a good question." She begins searching the cabinets. "Some people say that we are actually quiet the same. I think it's fifty- fifty."
"But he's so-"
"Kaydan?" I hear him yawn.
I rush over to the couch and stand above him.
He shouldn't be in a bad mood because he shouldn't be tired...right?
"I'm here," I respond.
"Why'd you leave?"
"I was helping Kim with the-"
"Got it!" She yells. She probably found the lighter.
"-candles," I finish.
"She's still here?" He grumbles.
"Come on, the candles are lit. We can at least humor her."
"I want to go back to sleep."
"I'll just go humor her myself then," I say turning away from him.
"...Fine," he huffs, almost sounding like a whine.
...Good mood?
I reenter the kitchen. The cake is pretty bright now.
"Come on, come on!" She squeals. She speeds through the birthday song, then tells me to blow out the candles.
As soon as I take a deep breath, the candles are out before I can get it out.
What the-
Kimberley is on the floor laughing. "That's always my favorite part!"
"...What...just...happened?"
"Christian told you that the candles were for me! I love the smell of freshly put out candles!"
"...Huh...Can we eat it now?"
"Yes we may!" She cuts me a tiny piece. "Thanks."
We talk for a while in the kitchen while Christian sits on the couch by himself. I can't help but feel a little bad.
"Don't worry about it," Kim says as if reading my mind. "He's fine! Watch. Hey, Chri-"
"Shut up," he says firmly.
"See? Fine?"
I give her a week smile. If anyone was to know, it was her.
She takes my plate and offers to clean everything up while I go talk to Christian.
"Hey Christian," I begin.
He doesn't even look in my direction. "Christian?" I try again.
"I heard you the first time," he growls. "Just because I don't answer, doesn't mean I'm not listening."
"O-Oh. I didn't think-"
"Well now you know."
"...I guess so..."
He's definitely pissed. I'll just let him cool off.
I turn and face Kim. "I'm going to head to a friends, I'll be back."
"Take your time," she sings.
I start walking for the door. When I turn to close it, Christian is standing in the door frame. "Geez!" I yell grabbing my heart. "Wh-What?"
"I'm coming with you," he says.
"No, No you're not!" I head for the stairs and begin climbing down them. To my surprise, Christian was right beside me. "What are you doing?"
"Coming with you."
I sigh. When I approach my car, Christian puts his hand on the door handle to the passenger's seat.
"Christian, you aren't going." He stares at me in silence. "I'm serious."
Still nothing.
"I'll be back before 11."
He looks down to the handle, then back up to me.
"Christian, stay here," I say while unlocking my door. I sit inside and close it behind me, locking it. I roll down the window and look up at him. "I promise I'll be back before 11."
"...Don't be late this time," he manages to whisper.
"I won't be. Now go inside. Don't leave Kim alone with candles. She could burn down the building."
He smiles a little at that. "Okay."
I give him one final nod before taking off.
So...Good mood?...No...just...Christian mood. Definitely Christian mood