𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟛𝟛

-Kaleb's P.O.V-
"Where'd you find him?" A lady with blonde hair asks.
"Did he just follow you here?" One with brown hair adds on.
"Is he the reason why you're late?" A guy around my height chips in.
"Guys, guys," Jasper shouts stepping in front of me as if to protect me, "He's not an abandoned animal! Calm down! And to answer your questions: On my way to work, I dragged him here, and sorta kinda."
The guy raises his eyebrow at him.
"David, I'll never be late again! It was just this one time!"
"Go clock in," he says just above a whisper.
"Thank you!" He speeds off into the back, the doors flopping closed behind him.
I wasn't really paying attention to where he was taking me, so seeing the new faces and being stuck in the new environment was slightly overwhelming, especially now that I was alone with them. The lights were slightly dimmed and they were all wearing black and white themed clothes. It seemed like a nice establishment.
The girls were staring at me quite intently, causing me to be slightly self-conscious.
"Get back to work you two!" The guy yells, causing them to walk away.
"Fine!" One grunts.
"Whatever! I'm telling Luke that you yelled at me!"
Luke?
"Tell him whatever you want Sarah," he sighs turning to me. "Sorry about that. I'm David Renalds by the way."
"K-Kaleb Green," I reply.
His eyes widen slightly. "As in brother of Kaydan Green?"
"You know-"
"I have returned!" Jasper exclaims busting through the back doors now wearing an apron around his waist.
"David, I need you!" A voice calls from the back.
He gives Jasper a knowing look and me a final nod before jogging off into the back.
Jasper places his hand under mine and brings it up to his mouth as he bends his head down. He stops just before his lips meet the back of my hand and looks up into my eyes. "Right this way my liege."
I quickly draw my hand to my chest, out of his grasp, and swallow hard.
He chuckles and says, "My bad, I didn't mean to startle you! Come on, there's a booth in the back."
"Don't you have to work right now?"
"It's not usually busy around this time. I've got 10 free minutes to spare! Besides, I promised you food, didn't I?" He motions to the back of the restaurant and I follow him. We reach a curtain and he lifts it up, revealing more booths. They seemed a lot nicer than the ones up front.
We sit in the far back corner, and he sits across from me.
"So tell me something interesting about yourself," he begins resting his chin on both of his hands to prop his head up.
"O-Okay...I like horror movies," I try still a bit nervous.
He narrows his eyes at me. "Tell me something about your person, not something you like."
I take a deep breath and rack my brain before finally exhaling, "Mi chiamo Kaleb...Qual è il tuo nome?" (My name is Kaleb...What is your name?)
He sits up and grins. "Ah, parli italiano?" (Ah, you speak Italian?)
It was hard to hide my amazement. "U-Uh-"
He laughs loudly this time. "You should see the look on your face! You are so surprised!"
"Duh!" I yell back slapping the table. "Not a lot of people speak Italian here!"
"My grandma only speaks Italian. I had to learn," he finishes standing up. "Ora, cosa vuoi mangiare?" (Now, what would you like to eat?)
I lean back in my seat and fold my arms. "Showoff," I mutter.
"Just tell me what you want!"
"I don't know! Surprise me?"
"You sure you want to do that?"
"I can't think of anything."
"Jasper, you're up!" A girl's voice calls.
"That's me," he sighs, "don't leave. I'll be right back with your food."
"Just hurry back then," I smirk.
He places his hand on the table, leans over to my ear, and whispers, "Sono contento che sono stato finalmente in grado di farti sorridere." (I'm glad I was finally able to get you to smile.)
I push his chest and he chuckles walking over to the curtain.
(Shut up!) "T-Taci!" I shout after him as
it folds back. In that moment my pocket vibrates. I pull out my phone and see a text from Jonathan. Apparently it wasn't the first one.
Jon: Hey, where are you?
Jon: Please be safe.
Jon: Don't forget we need to leave by at least 4:30 tomorrow!
Jon: Remind Kyle for me.
Jon: At least text me to let me know you're okay.
I play around with buttons until I find a reply that I don't mind sending.
Kaleb: .
I put my phone back into my pocket and stretched my arms over the table, resting my head on the cold wood. "Torna presto..." (Come back soon...)
-Christian's P.O.V-
Addison has had a death grip around my arm ever since we've walked into Papa's Pasta. I decided taking everyone to Wayne's wouldn't be the best idea. Ever since we've walked inside Kaydan has been in the bathroom. It's been 20 minutes.
What is taking so long?
"Addison, I think I should check on Kaydan now," I say for the ninth time. Yes, I've been counting.
"But what about the food?" She whines with a new excuse already prepared.
"Just order next time he comes," I retaliate ripping her off and finally standing up. I maneuver my way over to the bathroom and slam the door open, not caring if anyone else is inside or not. "Kaydan," I call, my voice slightly echoing.
"Shit," he attempts to whisper.
"If you don't come back to the table, I'm going to come in there. And if I come in there, I'm not going to let you come out," I continue.
"This is a public bathroom!" he shouts.
"Do you honestly think I care?"
He doesn't respond.
I make my way over to the stall he's hiding in and knock once. "You have one second."
He quickly unlocks the door and makes his way out fixing his shirt. "I want to go home. I'm not even hungry."
"We aren't leaving until you and Addison work out your differences."
"That's not possible," he turns on the sink to wash his hands. "She's too persistent."
"About what?"
"Don't worry about it," he answers grabbing paper towels.
I hold the door open for him and he exits making his way back to the table. I sit on his side, leaving Addison alone on hers.
She frowns, then quickly cheers up looking me in the eye.
"Did you order?" I ask.
"You betcha!" She exclaims taking a sip of her water.
I notice that we all have water and begin to drink some of mine. "What did you get?"
"5 cheese lasagna for me, and fettuccine alfredo for you. I didn't get Kaydan anything because he said he wasn't hungry, so..."
"Want to split with me?" I ask turning to face him.
His face is fixed in an uncomfortable pose. "Are you alright?"
"Sure," he replies quickly.
"So do you want to-"
"Yup."
Before I can ask him another question my phone buzzes. It's a text from Lucas.
Lucas: Where are you. Be specific.
Christian: Having lunch with Addison and Kaydan at Papa's Pasta. Why?
He didn't respond as quickly as I thought he would so I put my phone away and returned my attention to Kaydan. "You don't look too good."
"Uh huh," he answers in the same fashion as before.
"Do you feel sick?"
"Ignore him," Addison joins. "He's just trying too hard to get your attention."
He laughs slightly at that.
Addison glares at him. "What's so funny?"
He shakes his head before resting it on my shoulder.
"I can go get you some medicine from my car," I offer.
He shakes his head again.
"Hey Christian, remember that time when we got lost in the woods?" Addison brought up.
"What does that have anything to do with what's happening right now?" I question looking her dead in the eye.
"I just thought that we should have something to talk about," she answers shyly.
I focus my attention back on Kaydan.
I hope his fever hasn't come back. Should I take him to the hospital? Should I go get the medicine from the car? Maybe I should just-
I am distracted from thinking by a continuous pushing against my leg. His leg is rubbing against mine constantly.
What the...
I look down a bit and see Addison's shoe
pressed up against his crotch.
"Addison," I begin in a low tone. "What are you doing?
The grin returns to her face as she looks
at me. "I think you know exactly what I'm doing."
"Get your foot off Kaydan's crotch," I growl.
Her facial expression drops. "W-Wait, what? B-But I thought that was-"
"So you've been trying to seduce Kaydan this whole time?"
"No, I swear! I didn't know that-"
"Table 6!" The waiter calls setting our food down. "Who had the fettuccine?"
Kaydan slowly reaches out to grab the plate.
The waiter places the lasagna in front of Addison and tucks the tray underneath his arm. "Anything else for you guys?"
No one says anything.
"Would you like to order some dessert for later?" He tires again, "we've got an amazing cheese cake!
Silence still answers him.
"A-Alright, enjoy. I'll come back in 10 minutes." With that he leaves hastily.
The atmosphere was heavy. There was no avoiding that.
"Christi-"
"I can't believe you would-"
The doors of the restaurant slam open and Lucas stops inside with Kyle beside him. All eyes are glued to them.
"Why did you bring me here again?"
Kyle panics looking around at all the faces staring at him.
"Where the hell are you?" Lucas yells. Kaydan stands up in disbelief. "Kyle? Luke?" Lucas faces him and speeds up to him. "Why are you-"
Lucas grabs Kaydan's shirt mid-sentence and brings his fist across his face before he could finish.
Kaydan staggers backwards and catches himself on the table. "Dude, what the hell?"
Before I know it my fist is meeting Lucas' cheek.
As if expecting me to do so, he bares all of his weight on his back leg and swings back at me, catching me completely off guard.
I taste blood.